500px is an online community for sharing, discovery, buying, and selling of high-quality photography. Every month, millions of people around the world use our website and mobile apps to find the world’s most inspiring photography.
We take pride in the products we ship and love what we do. We have an engineering-friendly culture where we value mentorship, ownership, and getting stuff done.
We are looking for a versatile engineer to join our cross-functional Growth team. You should be interested in growing products through engineering all points of the funnel. Working with product managers, data scientists and marketers, you’ll have a unique opportunity to have a large impact on our roadmap. Your mission help 500px grow by developing features and implementing experiments that have a direct impact to the business.
You can expect to...
- Help define the team’s goals and activities to maximize the opportunity for user and revenue growth
- Work with a world class group of product managers, engineers, and marketers on a variety of projects to increase acquisitions, virality, referrals, retention, and revenue
- Ideate, implement, measure, and iterate on A/B tests and potential features
- Own tracking across our platform to enable insights on user behaviour and product usage
- Develop in-house products for automating and scaling successful growth initiatives, and creating integrations with social and other platforms to drive traffic
- Be the internal subject matter expert on growth engineering, champion best practices and stay on top of industry trends
- Drive a growth culture at 500px and work with marketing to publicize our thought leadership in the space
- Experience with web analytics / tracking tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of consumer marketing funnels and conversion optimization
- Self-starter with ability to clear roadblocks and work with a small, agile team
- Passion for learning, tackling hard problems, and standing out from the crowd
- Great communication skills
Bonus points for…
- A love of photography; having an active photography portfolio
- Direct experience in growth marketing or growth hacking
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or a similar web framework
- Experience in metrics-guided product development (including A/B testing)