The Head of EMEA Tech Sales is responsible for building, training, and managing a team of Qualtrics sales engineers (SE) that support both inside and field sales teams. The SE team partners with Sales to drive the technology and business process portions of the evaluation sales process stage. The team serves as the primary technical advisors to prospects in the buying process, and helps diagnose and sell through business, technical and IT related concerns. The sales engineer also represents the Sales point of view to Product Management and Engineering teams.
As part of the Qualtrics technical sales team, you will direct and manage pre-sales resources throughout the sales cycle. Provide technical/functional leadership to the sales team. Participate in account planning and strategy development.
A Day in the Life:
- The Head of EMEA Tech Sales will work closely with the EMEA Sales Management team to understand their account mix and sales opportunities in order to develop a Sales Engineering team best suited to that region
- Expected to hire and allocate resources, perform employee reviews and evaluations, participate in strategic deals and back up team members as needed to grow regional business. The Head of EMEA Tech Sales should be a player-coach, actively working with their team members to solve difficult problems, and coordinating corporate/external resources when required
- Able to support the Sales Engineering team by providing guidance on sales strategies, approaches to solve specific problems, as well as represent their team's needs to the Qualtrics executive staff. They should be able to communicate equally with internal resources such as Product Marketing, Development, and Sales Management to gain commitment and support. Must have good fundamental Sales Skills. This role also requires knowledge of advanced technologies like Java, Web Services and Systems Architecture.
- Possess good analytic capabilities, be organized and able to work many tasks at the same time. The Head of EMEA Tech Sales should be proficient with Market Research and Voice of the Customer technologies (or other Enterprise business applications) and be able to present to a business or technical audience.
- To lead a team in creating industry based value propositions aligned to the Qualtrics platform and create proof of concepts and demonstration collateral to deliver this
- Ability to influence thinking and gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations is important.
- Knowledge of the software industry specifically Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Travel required
The Expectation for Success:
- 6-8 years of prior Sales/Systems Engineering, or Solution Architect management experience with software in a SaaS/Cloud environment, selling to C/VP level buyers
- 2 - 3 years demonstrated experience in building and managing cross EMEA teams of pre-sales people, supporting both Enterprise and Corporate classes of business
- High energy, self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in entrepreneurial environments
- Outstanding professional, sales, and technical capabilities; comfortable supporting both enterprise (field) and inside sales teams on targeted accounts
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques
- Possess "best of breed" functional sales experience that could be applied across an entire sales area in general or specific functional categories
- Demonstrated strong leadership and ability to lead encouraging both individual and team accomplishments
- Must be prepared to learn new technologies
- Must be able to pivot to other system related tasks if and when needed
- Based in Dublin, Ireland with extensive travel to the UK and across Europe
- Undergraduate degree (E.g. Marketing, Business, Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Leadership, Psychology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field. Strong academic performance.)
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Qualtrics.