EdX is an open source educational software start-up founded by MIT and Harvard to build the world's leading learning destination site and platform so that everyone, everywhere has access to high quality education.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Senior Software Engineer with expertise in building data analysis platforms. Successful candidates will join a smart engineering team that is passionate about delivering high quality software that shapes the future of online education. This highly visible team turns data into actionable insights to support sound pedagogical and business decision making by internal and external stakeholders.
- Play an important role in designing, developing and supporting data analysis for education platforms
- Collaborate in an Agile environment while wearing multiple hats on a variety of project
- Create requirements, participate in architecture and design and code reviews
- Share ideas, ask questions and contribute to team growth through technical mentoring
- Experience with Python or other object oriented languages. (We use Python.)
- Practical experience querying and loading databases such as MySQL and Vertica
- Bachelor’s, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related
Nice to Have
- Experience with data processing and report generation (collection, storage, processing, reporting, visualization)
- Experience or interest in DevOps - e.g. automation of deployments, monitoring of production systems or developer-facing tool development
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive or Pig
- Experience with data analysis tools like R, pandas or related
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at edX.