Twilio is growing and we are looking for a skilled software engineer to join our cloud orchestration team and help build services and tools to support our globally distributed multi-cloud infrastructure.
About the job:
- We are looking for someone who is interested in building the next generation of cloud management services and tools to support provisioning, deploying, discovering, and managing multi-cloud infrastructure at global web scale for a pioneer in the cloud telecommunications space.
- The person in this role will receive exposure to the unique set of challenges that come from scaling global services that must run at 99.999% availability.
- Help build new services from scratch using open source technology and tools under guidance from senior engineers.
- Drive quality by writing unit tests and functional tests within test-driven development processes.
- Break down requirements, plan and estimate tasks; release to production in 2-week sprints.
- Fix bugs and maintain existing services and tools.
- Primary languages are Java and Python.
Java - Our service and tools are written in Java. We value good object oriented design. If you are an expert with DropWizard, Jackson, or Spring, we want you!
Distributed systems - We are a global telecom built in the cloud. We value systems that are resilient, elastic and horizontal scalable. Our engineers are CAP aware, and know how to design, build, monitor, and debug distributed systems.
Service Oriented Architecture - Twilio's architecture is service oriented. We operate a complex global platform that is composed of discrete front end, middleware, and backend services. Experience building and operating micro services that adhere to strict SLAs is critical.
Cloud - We are building a multi cloud platform. Twilio currently operates in every Amazon Web Services region. Knowing the best practices and pitfalls of building software on top of AWS, GCE, OpenStack, or Azure is very important to us.
SQL / NoSQL - We use a variety of data stores. We use RDBMS databases and NoSQL Key/Value stores. All our engineers are well versed in data modeling and SQL.
Agile - We value the ability to ship excellent software quickly and frequently. A proven ability to work on closely-knit teams using Agile methodologies such as Scrum is highly valued.
Passion - Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them. You are entrepreneurial, and want to get things done. You have high aptitude, and always seek new challenges.
- You’ve worked on the platform team for an “IaaS”, “PaaS”, or “SaaS” company.
- You contribute to or maintain an open source project.
- You've developed an app using Twilio API.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST