Here at Rapid7 people come first, and paying our people is a very close second. In order to best support our Rockstar employees our Payroll department sits in People Strategy and reports into our Sr. Director of Total Rewards.
We understand, as a payroll specialist you normally only receive notoriety when you mess up. Let’s face it, people never swing by your office to say “Hey, thanks for paying me correctly this week”. At Rapid7 we strive to take the monotony out of payroll. Between our Director of Total Rewards and our Payroll Manager they have well over 27 years of Payroll experience. They strive to make this department innovative, exciting and anything but your stereotypical job. If you are passionate about paying our people, thinking outside the box and implementing process improvement please read on, we want to meet you!
What you will do:
- Accurately and timely pay the people! This includes 500+ employees in the US and Canada alone
- Did we mention this is a global role, you will also accurately and timely pay employees in APAC and EMEA regions while ensuring compliance with local country tax regulations
- Let’s face it, mistakes happen we just need to catch them by performing audits to ensure payroll is processed in accordance with established internal controls
- Research and resolve payroll issues relating to tax, regulatory requirements, and benefits on a timely basis
- Administer year end processing
- Partner with your fellow People Strategy team members to ensure accurate Benefit deductions and funding (including, yes, more audits)
- Routinely provide federal, state & local withholding rates and employee information to Stock Plan Administrator
- Proactively assess needs of the payroll department - Identify, analyze, and recommend business processes, and system enhancements for continuous improvement. Got an idea of a way to make it better? Speak up! We are very open minded.
- Proven ability to multi-task while meeting frequent deadlines
What you have done:
- Minimum of 2 years paying the people
- ADP experience desired; we use ADP Workforce Now and Stream-line
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- HRIS experience desired; we just implemented Workday (woohoo)
- Advanced analytical skills required
- Knowledge of stock options and employees stock purchase plans a plus
- Knowledge of expat administration also, a plus