MongoDB is looking for outstanding engineers to work on the security features of its popular database server. The engineer's main goal is to develop and secure the next generation of MongoDB and to maintain the current one. Core server engineers work on MongoDB internals, contributing with design, code, and test for the product. They'll be involved in a range of opportunities, from design and implementation of new features to troubleshooting and fixing existing ones. This position is based in our New York City headquarters. Relocation assistance provided.
- Understand and improve current functionality of the MongoDB core server
- Identify, design, implement, test, launch and support database security features including authentication, authorization, encryption while maintaining robustness and performance
- Ensure use of security industry best practice standards and protocols
- Triage potential security flaws received from community and bug bounty programs
- Work with other engineers to coordinate seamless changes in a feature-rich, large code base
- Work with client drivers, support, consulting, training, and marketing teams to coordinate changes and evangelize security
- Hands-on experience building industrial-strength software
- Solid computer science and security fundamentals, with strong interest in algorithms, data security, authentication systems and secure software design/architecture
- Experience with large code bases, either in C++ or C
- Experience programming, debugging and performance tuning in a Linux environment
- B.Sc. in Computer Science. M.Sc. and Ph.D. in relevant domain a plus
Nice to haves
- Have a passion for contributing to open source
- Domain knowledge in any of the following: distributed systems, concurrency control and recovery, data replication, file systems and storage, compiler and code generation, query processing or optimization
- Development in more than one of the following platforms: *nix, Windows, and MacOS
- Ability to independently expand knowledge of new domains
- Last, but not least, desire to take an active role in innovation
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at MongoDB.