The Sr. QA Engineer is responsible for performing tests to isolate and solve software product issues. This person will collaborate extensively with product management and developers to understand, scope out, and execute tests. S/he will plan, initiate tests, analyze results, and communicate technical problems accordingly.
• Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables
• Identify test requirements from specifications & develop QA test plans
• Execute, document, and evaluate test cases and report test results
• Facilitate test plan/test case reviews with cross-functional team members
• Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management
• Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
• Acquire SME knowledge & expertise and mentor supporting team members
• Act as a liaison with development, program management, and customer support
• B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
• 5+ years of software testing in a web or GUI environment
• Ability to work independently with systematic troubleshooting techniques, judgment, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to think abstractly
• Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software testing
• Strong communication skills both verbally and written
• Ability to adapt, plan, and organize in a constantly changing environment
• Must be proactive, meticulous, organized and detail oriented
• Experience with bug tracking and working in bug tracking systems like Bugzilla, Jira, etc.
Who Is Weedmaps?
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally. Weedmaps’ products and services include weedmaps.com, the “yelp of marijuana”, marijuana.com, the leading news and lifestyle site for the industry, as well as B2B, B2C and dispensary point of sale technology platforms. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
Our Awesome Benefits
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the software, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Weedmaps’ ideal candidate is someone who looks at our industry and gets excited by the endless opportunities to create groundbreaking technology.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Weedmaps.