Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation™Now is the revolutionary game streaming service that streams hundreds of PlayStation games to a variety of devices for a single subscription price.
In the role of Senior UI Designer, you’ll help design the user interface for PlayStation™Now on PS4, PC, and beyond. This includes solving complex cross-platform design challenges that require designing for multiple screen sizes, input types, and form factors.
The ideal candidate is highly skilled in both user interface and user experience design, guiding digital products from brainstorming and conception all the way through to finished pixel-perfect designs and implementation.
We’re located in beautiful Orange County, CA, minutes away from some of California’s best beaches. We’re set directly between Los Angeles and San Diego, with skiing, snowboarding, hiking, camping, and other outdoor activities just a short drive away.
- Collaborate with other UI and IxD designers, product managers, and developers to design exceptional user interfaces and experiences for PlayStation™Now
- Create both visual and functional design materials including, but not limited to wireframes, user flows, user interface elements, interactive prototypes, motion comps, website graphics, and branding/marketing materials.
- Quickly and effectively communicate your design ideas and the rationale behind them
- Participate in user tests, creating test materials, evaluating user feedback, and iterating on designs based on test results
- Minimum 6 years experience doing UX/UI design
- Demonstrated mastery of user interface design, information design, and interaction design, with special emphasis on highly-polished consumer entertainment products.
- Demonstrated mastery in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, emphasis, and unity
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Website or PDF portfolio of past design work
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present work to groups
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with an ability to excel in an environment with little direct oversight
- Highly collaborative, being able to both give and receive constructive feedback on designs
- Intellectually curious and generally awesome to be around
- Willingness to travel occasionally, usually short 1-2 day trips from OC to San Francisco
Nice to have:
- BA, BFA, or advanced degree in Graphic Design
- Proficiency with motion and/or 3D software (After Effects, C4D, etc.)
- Proficiency with wireframing/prototyping software (Axure, Invision, UXPin, etc.)
- Experience doing UX/UI design for TV, console, or other living room devices
- Copywriting abilities