Uber ATC is the Pittsburgh R&D hub of Uber’s engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. This team is responsible for developing long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. Our research will make the process of moving real assets and real people safer and more efficient now, and in the decades to come.
As a software engineer, you will be directly involved in the innovation of cutting edge technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our team is comprised of world-renowned researchers and engineers with decades of experience, whose efforts are focused on mapping, vehicle safety, and self-driving technologies.
- Accurately coding warranty claims and entering into the dealerships automated system
- Processing all warranty paperwork to ensure proper documentation and verifying criteria required by factory or distributor
- Reviewing warranty claims and correcting any errors
- Filing all warranty claims each day at the close of the R/O
- Inputting all corrections to rejected claims
- Administering warranty parts identification
- Booking / coding warranty and internal repair orders
- Keeping current of all factory recalls and announcements
- Reconciling all warranty receivables and working with the accounting department to obtain payments
- Maintaining all service and customer records as required by the OEM
- Accurately identify parts necessary to complete repairs in the shop
- Work with vendors to locate and order parts
- Receive parts and inspect for quality and accuracy
- Ensure timely distribution to the shop in accordance with the production schedule
- Maintain accurate accounting record for purchased and/or returned parts
- Input all data from OEM (MCO) into UATG system
- Complete PA title process in accordance with State guidelines
- Transfer registration to other states
- Register vehicles in other states
- Make sure our vehicles conform to states they are registering
- Keep accurate records that are able to be audited at any time
- Make sure all registrations are up to date and processed in a timely manner
- Attention to detail with a high level of data entry accuracy
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
Fast learner. We’re looking for team members who thrive on applying their knowledge, learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapid pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of core engineering fields, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance.
Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code or design "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word and how your technical contributions will influence the viability of future products. Whether you’re working on a software library used by other developers, a sensor to be retrofitted on a test vehicle, or a printed circuit to be mass produced, the other members of the team can depend on the quality of your work to rapidly advance our goals.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.