AccuWeather has the incredible ability to reach millions of listeners across the world through our highly localized weather broadcasts. Our robust Forecasting Engine is led by an experienced forecasting team with proprietary algorithms and expert system modeling.
With the information supplied by our forecasting team, combined with broadcasting techniques learned from experience and education, AccuWeather’s radio broadcasters deliver a forecast that is individualized and accurate for each one of our clients. Join our team today!
- You're engaging and relateable.
- You are an excellent communicator, and are able to creatively word factual information
- You are self-motivated. You work well independently, and also as a part of a team
- You are passionate about the stories you deliver and know how to grab the attention of your audience
- You have impeccable customer service skills, and make a clients needs your top priority
- Time management is one of your strengths. You prioritize tasks with time sensitivity in a coherent and logical manner
What You Will Be Doing
- Broadcast weather forecasts to radio stations and television stations/cable systems.
- Manipulate forecasts provided by forecasters for use by individual clients.
- Create different versions of the forecasts, using "ad lib" techniques which are part of an experienced broadcaster’s capability.
- Edit forecasts "on the fly" to ensure proper factual information, keeping with the clients' needs
- Use individual creativity to match vocal delivery and style to each particular clients' needs.
- Use good organizational skills to keep schedules up to date for delivery of forecasts to each client according to pre-determined schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Knowledge of the Radio Broadcast Industry is essential.
- Previous Broadcast experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Weather Broadcasting is a plus!
- Demonstrated ability in effectively communicating in the AP Broadcast style.
- Demonstrated conversational, authoritative, and interesting voices and deliveries.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.