BuzzFeed News is looking for a creative, innovative, and resourceful Producer or Junior Producer, focusing on YouTube content.
This person will work hard to expand the way in which BuzzFeed News approaches video in relation to news coverage, on both our owned and operated platforms as well as distributed content.
This job is full-time, based in New York, and offers competitive compensation and a stock option program.
- Produce (that is, shooting and editing) 1-2 YouTube videos weekly: a mix of explainers, hosted segments, and unscripted series
- Work with BuzzFeed News reporters to make videos about their coverage while they are reporting
- Work with the BuzzFeed News curation team to quickly identify trends on YouTube that could be adapted to BuzzFeed News' coverage
- Break down trends happening across every platform to identify new ways of sharing various types of videos
- Discover and create new recurring video formats to live on BuzzFeed, Facebook & Facebook Live, and other platforms
- Producer: At least 3-5 years of experience producing online video content / Jr Producer: At least 1-3 years experience producing online video content
- Extensive experience in newsroom environment
- A love of experimentation and trying to tell stories in new and different ways
- Proven ability to create compelling, shareable web videos of all types
- An ability to organize your time and have a solid understanding of how long your projects will take
- Ability to work in small teams as easily as off on your own
- ABILITY TO SHOOT AND EDIT BY YOURSELF