Kobalt is looking to hire an awesome content writer to deliver creative long and short form copy for all Kobalt’s communications and collateral. Whether you are creating a media piece or a blog, writing for a product or app release or scripting an interview or video shoot you will need to capture the essence of Kobalt’s brand and product complexity in clear and compelling copy. Working closely with the central marketing team your output will drive interest with new audiences and consistently engage with existing clients and partners.
WHAT DOES A CONTENT WRITER AT KOBALT DO?
- Lead development of long form and short form content that tells compelling stories across multiple products and channels within the music and technology industries
- Working with marketers, comms experts, creative teams, and agencies to write engaging blogs, social media posts, best practice tips, emails, case studies, presentations and pitch decks and more to attract our market, and engage our current customers
- Be the in-house editor for proof-reading and editing copy written by others, and ensure it stays true to our tone of voice
- Coordinate and manage a central marketing communications calendar, working across global offices to collect and curate compelling stories
- Use marketing tools like MailChimp and Craft CMS to publish those stories across our channels - you’ll also dig into the analytics to communicate how our content is performing
- Use social media to amplify the impact of the content you produce by getting likes and shares; you’ll use paid social and SEO to make sure our audience finds it
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor degree, preferably in business, journalism, English
- 3-5 years in marketing, PR, journalism or comms role, preferably in the technology or music sector
- A passion for storytelling, finding the angle or the hook that compels your audience to read more
- You can write concise, compelling and accurate copy at speed adhering to a brand’s tone of voice
- Able to find the balance between writing original content, and content that truly resonates with what the audience wants to know about
- Excellent time management skills, being able to manage multiple projects across multiple stakeholders while maintaining quality work
- A digital native; not least in your use of social media channels but also in your understanding of SEO, Email marketing, CMS and basic HTML, CSS
- You’ll be self-motivated and have great interpersonal communication skills
Other jobs at Kobalt Music Group