As the Senior Internal Audit Manager, you will have the opportunity to help build the Internal Audit function of a newly public company, as well as have regular exposure to senior executives and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. This role includes reporting regularly on internal audit activities and results, driving best practices, and partnering with our teams across the organization as well as with the external auditor to continue to add value to the organization.
As an Internal Audit Manager, you will:
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective internal audit program, including providing expertise on audit methodologies. Key priorities of the program include assessing the company’s internal controls over financial reporting/SOX, operations, IT, and other areas.
- Assist in the annual risk assessment and development of the annual audit plan.
- Plan, lead, and/or execute audits, assessments, and other types of reviews across the organization, in finance/SOX, operational, technology, and other areas. Identify risks, test/review/monitor work, report on findings, coordinate/lead consultants and external auditors as necessary, collaborate with management on remediation efforts, and other responsibilities.
- Partner with management to mitigate risks by helping think through creative solutions to issues. Develop excellent relationships with stakeholders and continuously enhance the team’s value to the organization.
- Identify process improvement and automation opportunities, cost savings, revenue enhancement, and other value-added recommendations.
- Assist in the development of internal audit staff to achieve high levels of performance and morale.
- Participate in Audit Committee meetings and other strategic initiatives, as necessary.
Qualifications for success:
- 5+ years of experience in external or internal audit, with strong experience with SOX compliance, and other key business processes, including financial/accounting controls. Big-4 experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or similar professional designation preferred.
- Collaborative and professional; able to work with all levels of the organization including senior management and the Audit Committee.
- Strong analytical, organizational, leadership, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to manage, direct, train, and develop staff.
- Experience in the financial technology industry a plus.
- Knowledge of ACL GRC or similar tool a plus.
- Knowledge of data analysis a plus.
- Knowledge of IT auditing principles a plus.
What we offer you:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with some really cool and brilliant people
- Be on a motivated team that gets a lot done
- An open minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic technologists.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching program, flex spending plan and life insurance.
- Smart colleagues who you can learn from.
- Paid/flexible vacations and holidays.
- If you’re sick just stay home and feel better.
- Summer & Holiday events with the entire office!
- Happy hour every Wednesday.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No recruiters or agencies, please.**