We are looking for a rockstar Staff Accountant to join our Finance team and help us as we grow and scale from being a scrappy startup! As a finance team member you will have broad exposure to various functions at eero, including Sales, Product, Business Operations, Hardware and Software, and will also work closely with external business partners. The ideal candidate for this position will have an solid understanding of GAAP, communication skills and the ability to partner effectively across business functions. The ideal candidate is a jack-of-all-trades accountant ready to hit the ground running as our team tackles expansion into new markets and channels, and future product releases.
What you’ll do:
- Own the accounts payable process including vendor relationship management, vendor set-up, and invoicing
- Own the accounts receivables process including sales order management, invoicing, statement of account reconciliation, and receivables aging analysis.
- Manage our contract manufacturers, including maintaining a record of invoice status, preparation and reconciliation of our statement of account, scheduling wires based on rolling weekly due dates and communicating directly with contract manufacturer accounting regarding disputes, short payments, etc
- Plan day-to-day cost accounting operations and work closely with cross functional teams to design policy and develop/maintain processes,
- Analyze excess and obsolescence charges and standard cost variances including both finished goods and freight in/out standard cost variances ensuring accurate calculation and reporting of cost of goods sold
- Monitor internal purchase orders to support budgeting, cash management functions and month-end close accrual process
- Develop exceptions management procedures to ensure timely and accurate reporting of accounts payable, accrued expenses and operating expenses
- Perform vendor-spend analysis to accurately manage expenses, and to ensure completeness in our expense reporting
- Daily cash account management, including reconciling cash receipts, disbursements, chargebacks, and bank and merchant fees
- Partner with cross-functional teams to manage customer orders for our reseller and distributor sales channels
- Prepare intercompany entries and reconciliations to ensure accurate and timely consolidation; period-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules; year-end audit schedules for the financial audit
- Provide data and analytics support to the Strategic Finance team as needed
- Assist our Business Operations team with ad-hoc projects with various teams to refine processes as eero continues to grow
We’re looking for someone who has:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business or other relevant field of study
- 1-2 years experience in an accounting and / or analytical finance role
- Strong communication, detail oriented, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Public accounting experience, CPA certification, and dog lover a plus
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at eero.