Q is building an operating system for the built world, backed by a comprehensive technology and service platform. Today, hundreds of companies in four cities trust Q to make their offices run better. We handle everything from catering to IT, to cleaning, plumbing and office supply management. In short, we make it easy to run an office.
We also believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from software engineers to office cleaners. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people.
As an office manager, you will support daily administrative efforts to keep our space running smoothly! Supporting this effort will take strong communication skills, a hunger to listen to and learn from others, a love for organization and tidiness, and superior people skills.
- You’re proactive, polite, friendly, and approachable. You come to work with a smile on your face.
- You're smart and don't get frazzled thinking on your feet. You don’t need detailed instructions to understand or take on the task at hand - you just jump right in.
- You’re comfortable using your Smartphone (Android or iPhone) and other technology, and are quick to respond to text messages and emails at work.
Responsibilities could include:
- Greet and direct office guests and visitors
- Own office space and employee experience
- Contact employees regarding deliveries and visitors
- Stock kitchens, small pantries and conference rooms with food and beverages
- Stock conference rooms and work stations with office supplies
- Maintain office supply and food & beverage inventory and place orders
- Organize storage rooms after deliveries
- Work with team to set up and break down events
- Manage conference room calendars
- Research and answer general questions from staff and visitors
- Prior experience in an administrative support position preferred
- Experience using Slack (or similar internal messaging tools), Google Docs, MS Office, and online marketplaces
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professionalism and composure in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing needs
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30lbs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- US work authorization
- Competitive wages
- Full-time employment (W-2)
- Consistent schedule (Monday - Friday; approx 8am-5pm)
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing startups in NYC
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG