Casper is seeking a Junior Graphic Designer to join our design studio in San Francisco. We’re looking for someone who can help the team craft thoughtful, beautiful and delightful product and packaging experiences, and support the execution of a variety of projects and deliverables across our entire product portfolio. You will be working with a collaborative team of packaging, graphic, and industrial designers, as well as engineers and product managers. A passion for print design and processes, strong typography skills, illustration skills, and attention to detail are a must. The ideal designer will be motivated, organized, and be able to think and execute creatively with a high degree of craft.
- Assist the team in creating thoughtful and unique packaging ideas, considering both graphic and structural elements
- Work with product team to develop colors, materials, prints and patterns for textile and soft goods applications
- Participate in projects from concept to production, making rounds of corrections, creating comps a needed, making changes as necessary.
- Work with brand standards and guidelines to create accurate digital mechanicals for packaging with exacting skill.
- Translate designs to multiple sizes, SKUs, and languages, and develop logical systems for packaging across a broad range of products, with varying materials, weights, shapes and sizes
Prepare final files for print production, and work with print/comp houses for printing/mock-up capabilities, file setup needs, and press checks
- Work with and on multiple teams and projects and be responsible for organizing production ready files to send off to clients and manufacturers
- 2-3 years experience working at an agency or design-centric consumer brand
- Interest in designing branded packaging for retail and ecommerce -- from concept through production -- problem solving and working within technical constraints
- Production experience in print and packaging design for consumer products
- Highly organized and able to tackle multiple projects at once
- Expert knowledge of typography and a keen eye for color & detail
- An understanding of 2D and 3D -- you’re as comfortable building physical mock-ups as you are designing on a computer screen
- Thoughtful with great attention to detail
- A general understanding of the constraints and capabilities of production, can relay design intent through drawings and illustrations
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator and Indesign is a must
- Experience with photography and video documentation and edits is a plus
Casper (casper.com) is a sleep brand that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its award-winning sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?" sized box. A year and a half after launching the mattress, Casper expanded its universally comfortable product line, which now includes a perfect pillow and sheets.
The company is one of the fastest growing consumer brands of all time with more than 100 full-time employees, $100M in revenue for 2015, and 100,000 Casper owners. Casper was named one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies in the World, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of Time's Best Inventions of 2015.
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Fitness stipend
- Open vacation policy
- Lots of free food and unlimited naps!