Across every industry, from sales and marketing to investing, analysts spend hours researching and prospecting the next big company. At Mattermark we’re taking this manual, painful process and turning it into software. Our full stack engineers are at the heart of this operation.
Why are Full Stack engineers important at Mattermark?
We’re building one of the most interesting data acquisition platforms in existence. Our customers are high stakes dealmakers who pay hundreds of dollars a month for our product. In return we have to deliver a high quality platform that keeps our users competitive. Customers are constantly telling us what data they need to discover the next Oculus or SpaceX, and the only barrier is you not being here. We need an engineer like you to build the software that will drive our company’s bottom line forward, while also directing the flow of billions of dollars of capital for our users.
What does the future hold?
As an early engineer (we’re still under 10 devs) you’ll have the opportunity to grow into a senior leader on our team. You’ll see the ins and outs of growing a business and have a strong hand in bringing us to 100 million in revenue. Working on something completely novel means you’re going to pave the way for new processes and technologies. You’re writing the truth engine for data accuracy, and no engineer has done that before in this way.
As a Full Stack engineer, what will you be doing?
- This is your chance to be a data sleuth. You’ll pair closely with a data analyst to organize the world’s unstructured business information, from news articles to Twitter mentions. You’ll pair up your web crawling expertise with our state of the art machine learning to create the gold standard of data acquisition.
- You’ll work on a product that is scaling right now. We don’t need to wait to get to “x” amount of users to start scaling our product; working with huge, novel sets of data is the core of what we do. Use your unique viewpoint to figure out how to scale our product faster.
- You’ll talk to our customers, not just our sales team. We are growing our user base rapidly, but because our product is expensive we have to give each and every customer more TLC than other start ups. Our engineers are special because they want to build a product that is the first thing people open up every morning. Building something that powerful requires great responsibility and a commitment to going the extra mile.
What should you bring to the table
- 3 to 5 years of software development experience - if you have less experience but have built awesome things we still want to hear from you!
- Skilled at Ruby or Python, MySQL, and experience with Elasticsearch, Spark, and AWS is a plus.
- Ability to build a scalable web app with hundreds of background workers.
- Passion for startups, venture capital, and building a tool that will be used to change the face of deal intelligence.
Why you'll love it here
- Join a team that knows how to have fun! When we're not hacking, we’re gathering around the table for authentic Hot Pot
- Interact with customers regularly: participate in mock Partner Meetings with VC’s, and sit down for lunch with a different customer every month
- Health benefits: We’ve got you covered with health, dental and vision benefits. We pay 100% of your premiums and 50% for dependents
- Stock options
- Technology to do your job successfully: new computer and (practically) whatever else you need
- Flexible and generous vacation policy, paid holidays off, including your birthday!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Finally, what kind of team are you joining?
We’re trying to get to know you, and we hope you’ll want to get to know us as well. We’re incredibly passionate about the future we’re creating with the technology we’re building.
We’re a team that strives to be strong communicators and listeners, who avoid unproductive arguments. Engineers are encouraged to listen in on sales calls and derive direct feedback from them.
We know we have a high-stakes opportunity, and we’re motivated to seize that to change the world. We care deeply about our customers, and getting the details right for them. Our entire company sits down with our customers at least once a month for lunch.
We work with a management team who values transparency, and doesn’t shy away from asking the important questions. They care about our development as employees and as people. We work with them to create goals that will continually move us forward in our careers. When we see issues or areas for improvement, we speak up because we know that our opinions will be heard, valued, and translated into action. We have regular Town Halls where we participate in open and honest conversations.
We feel real ownership in our roles, and we’ve done some of the best work in our careers at Mattermark. We hope that we’ll be able to call you our teammate.