Hero Digital is a rapidly growing digital consultancy that focuses on integrated service delivery for marketers, combining strategy, experience design, engineering and analytics to improve the customer experience and drive improved business performance for the world’s top brands. Clients include Salesforce, Western Digital, Pure Storage, and Wells Fargo. Hero has deep expertise in providing solutions built on software platforms such as Adobe Marketing Cloud, Sitecore, and Acquia. CI Capital Partners recently invested in Hero to help accelerate the business by supporting the already very strong organic growth as well as undertaking targeted acquisitions.
To date, Hero has grown via the professional networks of the firm’s leadership team, including direct-to-client relationships and technology channel partner relationships. Though our growth via these networks has been wildly successful, the company is building a broader and more scaled business development function in order to activate wider awareness of Hero Digital within the North American marketplace.
Ambitious to capitalize on favorable trends in the market, Hero seeks a senior Business Development professional to pursue and establish new client and partner relationships.
The VP/SVP, Business Development, reporting to Hero Digital’s CEO, will bring success with consultative sales and relationship development having worked at a digital agency or consulting firm for 10+ years. Contributing as part of Hero’s Business Development team towards an individual sales quota, he / she will act as a primary ambassador of the Hero brand seeking to engage with new senior level prospective clients and open new doors for the agency. Detail oriented, the VP/SVP will ensure timely correspondence with prospects and nurture the relationship development process forward with the communication of relevant, valuable insights and a distinctive Hero Digital point-of-view. This individual will be passionate about digital customer experience, as evidenced by their ability to be credibly conversant on the subject and hit the ground running. He/she will bring a creative mind and a technical mindset geared towards describing mutually beneficial outcomes for Hero and its clients by way of Hero’s strategy, experience design, platform engineering, and analytics services. A team player, the VP/SVP will be expected to work with senior personnel in the definition of the best path forward for any given client opportunity and to ensure a seamless transition from sales to service. With the growth Hero anticipates, this person may be asked to manage junior-level personnel in the future, so previous managerial experience is desired. Ideally, this individual will bring an existing professional network that can be leveraged.
The VP, Business Development will have wide responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Meet / exceed an annual new business sales target to be defined during the recruitment process.
- Create a business development plan, with focus on building volume at the top of the funnel.
- Accelerate Hero’s growth by using its relevant client portfolio and insights to selectively prospect and identify new contacts and business opportunities.
- Proactively initiate and maintain relationships with senior-level prospective client personnel (CxO, SVP, VP, Director // Marketing, IT, Product, Innovation).
- Individually lead the introduction of Hero and its comprehensive service offering to interested parties.
- Confidently communicate Hero’s value proposition throughout the sales process.
- Able to quickly understand client’s business, challenges, organizational structures, budgets, and timelines in order to promote constructive, Hero-led customer experience solutions, both large and small in cost.
- Ensure informative, timely correspondence with prospective clients at all touchpoints, including activity recording in Salesforce.
- Respond to inquiries / RFPs as directed.
- Solicit and capture critical information early in the relationship which will be communicated to Hero’s team to improve win rate.
- Partner with Hero portfolio managers and discipline leads to evaluate new business opportunities, synthesize Hero’s point-of-view, and oversee the creation of proposals, pitches, and presentations.
- Lead the negotiation and finalization of contracts with new clients.
- Ensure the seamless transition of new clients from sales to service.
- Drive sales pipeline and maintain updated sales forecast in Salesforce.
- Follow-up on lost deals and capture feedback to optimize new business process moving forward.
- Strategize on ways to build greater Hero Digital brand awareness with wider Business Development and Marketing teams.
- Create agency IP and contribute to proposal / pitch component library.
- Network professionally at regional industry events / conferences.
- Travel outside of the region is expected.
Qualifications and Competencies
- 10+ years client-facing experience in a similar role with a digital agency or consulting firm serving mid/large-size clients with complex business challenges, especially in the digital realm.
- Success with the consultative selling of multi-million dollar projects into multiple vertical markets (high technology, financial services, healthcare), as well as smaller cost initial pilot projects.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to prospect at high volume.
- Experience setting realistic sales targets and exceeding them.
- Demonstrated ability to diligently manage a sales process from initial outreach through contract signature.
- Well-founded understanding of Hero’s service offering and overall digital customer experience marketspace, including methodologies, channels, technology platforms, competitors and trends.
- Experience challenging conventional client thinking and pursuing an alternate course which may yield a higher outcome.
- Experience creating RFP response / proposal documents, credentials presentations, and pitch presentations.
- Success aligning internal creative and technical teams towards new business wins.
- Leads with intellect over ego.
- Brings a network of senior level contacts within regional target accounts.
- Exceptional interpersonal, writing, communication and presentation skills especially in relation to a senior client audience.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Experience with digital experience platforms such as Adobe, Sitecore, Acquia, Salesforce, and Oracle.
- BA/BS required. MBA a plus.
About Hero Digital
Hero Digital is a digital consulting firm focused on creating digital brand, product, and service experiences. Our leadership team is composed of industry practitioners with a track record of success in delivering mobile, web, and social initiatives. Projects at Hero Digital typically combine one or more of our deep capabilities in experience design, engineering, and analytics. Hero Digital is partnered with industry leading platforms which lay the foundation for building a constellation of experiences across channels.
Hero Digital is headquartered in San Francisco with clients throughout the country and the world. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that requires a passion for working hard, thinking fast, and delivering ferociously on behalf of clients. We enjoy working with one another as much as we enjoy a beer together at the end of the day.
We offer competitive salaries and a full range of benefits.
Please submit resume.