Hero Digital is a rapidly growing digital consultancy that focuses on integrated service delivery for marketers, combining strategy, experience design, engineering and analytics to improve the customer experience and drive improved business performance for the world’s top brands. Clients include Salesforce, Western Digital, Pure Storage, and Wells Fargo. Hero has deep expertise in providing solutions built on software platforms such as Adobe Marketing Cloud, Sitecore, and Acquia. CI Capital Partners recently invested in Hero to help accelerate the business by supporting the already very strong organic growth as well as undertaking targeted acquisitions.
Hero is seeking to recruit a Vice President / Senior Vice President of Client Services to support and execute for Hero’s growing client base. The company’s continued growth is dependent on successful delivery and expansion within existing client accounts alongside with new account development.
The VP/SVP Client Services will bring success in project leadership and delivery having worked in a consulting firm or digital agency for 10+ years. The individual will source, convert, and deliver business and grow a strong portfolio of annuity accounts over time. This includes managing client delivery, ensuring timely correspondence and reporting, managing client relationships and identifying new project opportunities. He / she will be comfortable in projects that range from strategy to creative to technical implementation. A team player, the VP/SVP will be expected to work with senior Hero personnel in the definition of the best path forward for any given client opportunity and to ensure a seamless transition from sales to service. Previous managerial experience is desired. Ideally, this individual will bring an existing professional network that can be leveraged.
The VP/SVP Client Services will have wide responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Account Leadership – The candidate will own select account relationships and will be responsible for the cultivation and growth of these accounts. Successful account relationships drive internal account growth as well as support new account development via referrals and references.
- Project Leadership – The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of projects, with PMO support. Hero has resources who are 100% focused on delivery, but the pace of our growth demands that resources be will and able to dive in and execute the necessary day to day tasks of Hero projects.
- Team Leadership – Hero’s Client Services team has been growing in relationship with company growth and will require additional team leadership. This includes mentoring team resources, resolving team / client / project challenges, and supporting the career growth and capabilities expansion of the core team.
- Revenue Ownership – The candidate will own a book of revenue. Responsibilities include accurate revenue forecasting, managing to target margin, and utilizing the forecast to support staffing and hiring decisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- 10+ years client-facing experience in a similar role with a digital agency or consulting firm serving mid/large-size clients with complex business challenges, especially in the digital realm.
- Track record of success delivering complex enterprise projects with multi-million dollar budgets.
- Experience growing accounts from small pilot projects into enterprise level relationships.
- Previously owned a book of business and managed the growth of the accounts and revenue.
- Demonstrated ability to diligently manage a sales process from initial outreach through contract signature.
- Well-founded understanding of Hero’s service offering and overall digital customer experience marketspace, including methodologies, channels, technology platforms, competitors and trends.
- Experience challenging conventional client thinking and pursuing an alternate course which may yield a higher outcome.
- Experience creating RFP response / proposal documents, credentials presentations, and pitch presentations.
- Success aligning internal creative and technical teams towards new business wins.
- Leads with intellect over ego.
- Exceptional interpersonal, writing, communication and presentation skills especially in relation to a senior client audience.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Experience with digital experience platforms such as Adobe, Site, Acquia, Salesforce, and Oracle.
- BA/BS required. MBA a plus.
About Hero Digital
Hero Digital is a digital consultancy that helps leading companies improve their customer experience. We combine experience design with engineering to create multi-channel platforms that can adapt to any customer and their needs, instantly placing personalized content in front of them to drive successful outcomes.
The founders of Hero Digital have spent the better part of two decades helping clients solve really tough digital problems. Projects where we took on unknowns, enormous complexity, or time pressures and brought something to market that drove results.
Hero Digital is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Philadelphia, LA and Boston, and clients throughout the country and the world. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that requires a passion for working hard, thinking fast, and delivering ferociously on behalf of clients. We enjoy working with one another as much as we enjoy a beer together at the end of the day.
Please submit resume and availability.