We're seeking an Engineering Manager to help scale our growing Infrastructure Engineering team. This is a position to lead the team ultimately responsible for the delivery and quality of our product platform. The candidate who is the right fit for this position will not only have strong development experience, but will be passionate about emerging technologies, engineering best practices, and recruiting and growing top talent. This is a high impact position, not only around building a performing team delivering innovative technical solutions to business problems, but also in making a positive social impact. We're on a mission to change healthcare.
- Build and lead the team that provides the test and delivery automation across the platform. From the data ingestion pipelines to the applications services to the end user interfaces on both mobile and desktop.
- Collaborate with other Engineering leaders to identify business problems, technical vision and metrics we'll measure success by.
- Communicate department goals with your team, aligning around impactful projects that drive maximum impact to our success metrics.
- Manage the software delivery lifecycle of the team by following agile best practices while monitoring what works well and identifying areas for improvement.
- Help maintain focus within the team through constant communication around priorities and facilitation of groomed of backlogs.
- Perform performance reviews and help set individual goals that both drive maximum business value and also lead to personal development.
- Maintain a clear picture of the higher level business goals and understanding of our top level strategy to change healthcare.
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience, including a minimum of 3 years in a lead role or management position.
- Presentation, verbal, and written communication skills needed to present technical and non-technical information clearly and concisely manner to audiences of all skill levels.
- Familiarity with modern test frameworks and development tools - Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Selenium, Rspec, Minitest, Jest
- Experience developing CI/CD systems for both desktop and mobile.
- Practical experience as a scrum master or scrum coach delivering software efforts
- Understanding of web architecture and software design patterns.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.