Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-shelf engineering and design talent and for the top 3%
of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment
for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world
, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
As an Engineering Manager at Toptal you will work with engineers, designers, product managers, our VP of Engineering, and CTO to deliver the highest quality products into the market.
- Lead and work across multiple engineering teams to improve workflow and delivery.
- Drive engineering excellence and ensure teams are delivering high-value results.
- Anticipate, plan, and effectively work to resolve future challenges.
- Help guide and direct the technical and product strategy.
- Drive consensus and results across teams.
- Grow, develop, and manage the teams.
- Oversee the implementation of engineering best practices.
- Identify and eliminate distractions to the teams.
- Create and provide regular feedback loops.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack, Skype and other communication channels.
- Previous experience managing multiple engineering teams.
- Web development of large scale applications.
- Track record of delivering successful products as an engineer and a team lead.
- Experience guiding continuous improvement of process and technology.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.