Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in sustainable transportation. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a global impact.
Position: Senior Loads Analysis Engineer
· As a Loads Analysis Engineer, you will be part of the Durability Loads team that is tasked with Road Load data collection and analysis. Your main task will be analysis and calculation of vehicle suspension component loads, frame/body attachment loads and engine mounts loads using multi-body dynamics models.
· Build/modify ADAMS models, which include full vehicle and suspension, as well as powertrain, review engineering data (geometry, bushing rates, etc.)
· Run durability models, which include full vehicle, half-car suspension and powertrain, Output component loads, attachment loads, powertrain mount loads, etc.
· Review post-processing data (statistics-max/min values, equivalent damage, loads comparisons, histograms)
· You will collaboratively work with test engineers, design engineers, and CAE groups to create a series of dynamic and static loads that are used throughout the company.
· Ability to complete simple hand calculations for loads is required.
· Create and maintain a library of static load cases
· Other responsibilities include creating PSDs and other outputs from vibration or force data.
· Work with virtual road and proving ground data to accelerate iterative designs.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Five years of engineering experience
· Minimum of one year of experience using ADAMS (multi-body Dynamics software) to build/modify and run multi-body suspension simulations to perform durability loads calculations
· Sound engineering fundamentals.
· Strong computer skills and analysis capability problem solving skills
· Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
· Experience in reviewing Road Load Data to ensure data fidelity
· Can review and interpret data to address durability concerns as well as strong analytical problem solving skills
· Experience with ADAMS, ADAMS/Car, MATLAB chassis/suspension design and functionality
· Experience using nCode data analysis software
· Understanding of ADAMS flex-bodies and flex-body generation is preferred
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and have the ability to work closely with the Data Acquisition and Customer Usage Duty Cycle groups
· Ability to work closely with design and release community to obtain required vehicle information, convey calculated loads information, and participate in design improvement projects
Perks + Benefits
· Stock options for every employee
· Healthcare + dental + vision benefits
o (Free for you/discounted for family)
· 401k options
· Engineering orientation + onboarding
· Super discounted catered lunches + food trucks daily
· Healthy snacks + beverages 24/7
· 15 days of annual paid time off + 10 paid holidays + 8 days off during the year end holiday shutdown
· Maternity + paternity leave
· Relocation assistance + reimbursement
· Free parking + carpool reimbursement
· Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
· Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
· Social events + happy hours + team parties
· “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team