Are you skilled and experienced at creating, maintaining and updating complex corporate legal structures which carefully balance and advance operational and international tax considerations? Are you in your element acting as a trusted legal advisor in a global context? Do you have first-hand experience negotiating domestic and international commercial agreements? Are you an expert at relationship building and gaining trust at the executive level? Do you have a proven track record of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities? If you answered “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Identify and analyze business objectives at a high level and make recommendations which satisfy and balance all interests across the business’s complex, international legal structure, especially concerning international tax considerations
- Manage the company’s corporate structure in collaboration with the finance department and the company’s outside accounting firm
- Engage with business leaders, working closely on the drafting, negotiation and execution of contracts
- Planning, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of agreements including credit agreements, cross border agreements, consulting agreements, development agreements, supply agreements, and other general agreements
- Work closely with and develop strong relationships with departments covering international subsidiaries, finance, marketing, information services and product teams
- Provide advice to members of the company’s executive management team and operations team on legal issues and special projects
- Assist legal team with compliance of current legal department contract policies and procedures
- Demonstrate strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills as well as good judgment. Must be detail-oriented, a quick learner, and able to set and juggle priorities while handling multiple tasks simultaneously. Also must be independent, proactive, and self-motivated to perform duties with a high level of professionalism and minimal supervision
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO WIN
- 7 to 10 years of relevant legal experience as a corporate attorney, including experience at a leading law firm
- Experience in managing and hands on work concerning domestic and international corporate entity formation, reorganization, maintenance, and dissolution
- Experience in complex commercial transactions and counseling.
- JD from a top U.S. Law School having graduated in the top 25% of class
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills, with an eye for detail
- Ability to exercise good judgment and take prudent risks
- Ability to manage a busy and diverse workload, and quickly and proactively identify and analyze potential legal issues
- Capacity to cultivate strong client relationships and successfully influence leadership in a fast-paced, innovative business climate
- Ability to drive legal strategies for the company and independently initiate new assignments and identify ways to improve process and operations
- Ability to practice law in California
- Must be able to travel internationally
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.
Other jobs at Specialized
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Specialized.