DoorDash is growing fast and we’re looking for a Director of HR to help lead our People Science team!
You are a smart, practical, and passionate leader who is ready to roll up your sleeves and grow a best in class HR Department in a hyper-growth startup. You will collaborate with the rest of the People Science team and company leadership to develop and execute innovative programs surrounding compensation, performance management, diversity, and employee engagement. This role reports to the General Counsel/Head of People.
What you'll do
- Lead and grow our already outstanding People Science team.
- Develop the organization’s People Science strategies and establish human resources objectives that further DoorDash’s overall goals.
- Implement people strategies by establishing business group accountabilities, including staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, and employee relations and retention.
- Develop people operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Support management by providing advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guide management and employee actions by developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- A consultant and operator: you have a bias towards action, recognize issues, and implement the solution.
- A strong multi-tasker with an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time effectively – you naturally focus on the right things and can seamlessly move between projects & tasks, without losing sight of what's important to do.
- Naturally curious and have a self-starter personality – you always look for ways to innovate and improve, and don't need to wait for people to tell you what to work on. You can't help but ask what, why, and how.
- An outstanding communicator with relationship-building skills – your friends would call you authentic, energetic, persuasive, and self-aware. You know when to listen, as well as when to speak up. You’ve also had ample experience working with tech positions (including but not limited to engineers, designers, and product managers).
- An owner mentality – you can't remember the last time you said "that's not my problem".
- Gritty and able to hustle – you get things done even after everyone else has given up, and work hard because you love to. You have a bias towards action.
- Passionate about helping and empowering others.
- People and numbers friendly!
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of professional experience, ideally (but not necessarily) as a People Partner.
- Experience working in a fast pace, high performance culture where the business is constantly evolving -- startup and technology experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Federal and California employment law.
- Ability to think critically and anticipate issues before they arise, and proactively suggest long-term solutions.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions independently.
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery services in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat.