Twilio is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud communications software market. As we expand internationally, this is an exciting opportunity to Twilio's International tax strategy. You will report to our Sr. Director of Tax.
- Assist in the operationalization of tax planning strategies.
- Prepare and review international items for quarterly and annual worldwide income tax provision.
- Prepare and/or assist with transfer pricing calculations and journal entries.
- Support with monitoring of transfer pricing arrangements and ensure proper documentation to meet all compliance requirements.
- Oversee transfer pricing strategies and policy, including maintenance and compliance of the policy and ensuring inter-company agreements are updated as required.
- Assist in planning and implementing cross-border M&A transactions, post-acquisition integrations, and entity rationalization.
- Coordinate with outside tax consultants for various tax projects.
- Oversee and manage VAT reporting compliance and remittance.
- Review related US international tax forms included with the federal income tax return.
- International Income tax compliance. Coordinate with International tax advisors payment of estimated taxes, preparation and timely filing of all foreign income tax returns
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance, CPA/JD and/or Masters in Taxation preferred.
- At least 8-10 years with a combination of major public accounting firm and multinational corporation in high tech industry, with a minimum of 6 years international taxation experience.
- Ability to operate in a detail oriented and “hands-on” environment.
- Sound technical knowledge and practical experience dealing with foreign and U.S. international tax issues for multinational corporations.
- Involvement in preparation of tax provisions for foreign entities under U.S. GAAP.
- Hands-on experience in resolving international indirect tax issues.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills with ability to research tax law and apply relevant tax law to specific fact patterns.
- Strong project management and organization skills and must be able to multi-task.
- Team oriented, self-motivated, and willing to take ownership of projects.
- Be able to communicate tax issues clearly and interact effectively with various groups throughout the Company, as well as outside consultants.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of NetSuite a plus!
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.