As a Servicing Analyst you will provide support to the RealtyShares loan servicing function to ensure accurate and timely payment processing and reporting. You will be part of the Servicing team and great Operations organization, and will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with the investor services, accounting, originations, and legal departments.
The $40 trillion real estate market in the U.S. is spread across millions of individual relationships between investors, borrowers, brokers, developers, and many other players. RealtyShares is creating the marketplace and technology infrastructure to streamline real estate investing from beginning to end and open it up to a much larger audience. Our clients have already invested over $200 million on the platform.
The job responsibilities will include:
- Manage and ensure timely onboarding of new loans and equity investments, including the verification of all closing documentation and reserve holdbacks and resolve related issues daily.
- Calculate, invoice and track monthly payments and distributions due for all deals including adjustments for late charges or default interest for delinquencies.
- Perform deal-end payoff calculations and reconciliations with Accounting and deliver payoff letters to clients in a timely manner.
- Provide reporting to management, investor services and clients on current reserve balances, deliquencies, upcoming maturities and risk.
- Follow established procedures and perform appropriate controls (including payment, rehab and interest reserve reconciliations), while exercising good judgment in managing risk and following company escalation procedures.
- Develop and maintain close relationships and partnerships with Mortage Operations, Investor Services and Originations colleagues (loan originators, registered representatives, technology teams, etc.), as well as with external service providers.
- Support the continued evolution of the Servicing Department. Participate in projects as they relate to broader business product and system development, as well as process re-design and improvement.
- Develop expertise in local market practices through experience, training, classes and outside research, to ensure best of class service.
We are looking for a detail-oriented candidate with:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree or other certifications/achievements desirable.
- Strong demonstrated aptitude and interest in finance or real estate required. 3-5 years experience in the servicing industry a plus.
- Highly risk aware and demonstrated ability to multi-task and make appropriate decisions under rigid deadlines, while adhering to established procedures and escalation/risk mitigation measures.
- Process-oriented and strategic. Able to recognize inefficiencies in work-flows and identify process improvements to increase scalability.
- Self-motivated, confident and proactive problem solver. Positive, “can-do” attitude and willingness to stretch self outside comfort zone and grow.
- Highly detail oriented and customer focused. Ability to prioritize and deliver assignments as promised, while maintaining high quality and consistent results.
- Exceptional verbal, written and listening skills. Comfortable interacting with and influencing a wide range of audiences, from peers to senior level managers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Google Applications and Salesforce and able to quickly learn proprietary systems.
- Reliable and trusted team player with strong integrity and ethics. Driven to be a productive part of a highly functioning, collegial team, and to work in a high expectation and high impact environment.
- Basic knowledge of loan documentation (e.g. CRE Notes, Mortgages, Deeds of Trust, Guaranties, Settlement Statements)
- 1+ year of relevant loan servicing experience – ideally with a payment processing focus
- Basic knowledge of commercial real estate (preferred, not required)
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
REPORTS TO: Servicing Manager