Strategic Sourcing Specialist, Power Inverter/ePowertrain
NextEV is much more than a car company. NextEV designs and builds smart, high performance electric vehicles, with the aim to provide the ultimate user experience, and become the world’s first “User Enterprise”. We are building world class development centers in Shanghai, San Jose, and Munich. At our San Jose center, we are looking for an individual to own sourcing and operations for the power inverter/ePowertrain.
* Cross-functional role working with engineering, legal, corporate development, and finance
* Closely work with engineering to understand technical requirements, and identify potential suppliers
* Conduct research for assigned commodities to develop a sourcing strategy
* Drive cost transparency and build Total Cost of Ownership models to support sourcing decisions
* Identify & achieve savings with negotiation, benchmarking, VA/VE, competitive bidding, etc.
* Maintain supplier relationship with effective communication, track and improve supplier KPI, and lead commercial issue resolutions
* Issue RFx, and review, analyze and clarify quotation/proposal from suppliers
* Provide right recommendation to management, and finalize/release contract/PO
* Understand the project schedule and mitigate risk to manufacture functional parts for each development build
* At least 5 years experience sourcing or supplier management in high-tech, manufacturing, or automotive
* Strategic sourcing, and contract negotiations skills
* Strong analytic and judgment skills
* Proficiency in using MS Excel / PowerPoint
* Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive improvement
* Self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve
* Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
* MBA or degree in engineering preferred
* Certification on APICS or CPM or CPSM is a plus
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at NextEV.