Engineering at Fictiv
We have an automation driven culture and believe that by leveraging all forms of technology we can enable others to affect change in the world in ways not yet imagined. With a strong bias towards free and open source software, we find and leverage best of breed technologies everywhere we can. We believe in the power of community, and make a concerted effort to contribute back. Engineering for us is a lifelong journey, often more art than pure science, and covered with important milestones along the way, just waiting to be discovered.
We’re looking for Infrastructure folks who are passionate about technology, both hardware and software, believe in continuous learning, and strive to use the right tool for the job. We believe people, bots and robots should all be treated as first class citizens, and that by leveraging the unique inherent strengths of each we can achieve the best results.
- Infrastructure planning, implementation, automation and scaling as Fictiv grows into a multi-regional global company
- Provisioning of production, staging and development environments in collaboration with the needs of Product and Engineering
- Infrastructure monitoring and alerting
- Implementation and testing of security features for VPC and VPN
- Integration between AWS and other cloud services (such as Heroku, etc)
- User account and access control management
- Being on call for several days at a stretch to meet SLA requirements for uptime
- 5+ years of experience in any combination of cloud operations automation, network engineering, cloud infrastructure management or security engineering
- 2+ years of experience setting up and maintaining production infrastructures specifically on AWS (EC2, Cloudwatch, Lambda, VPC)
- Applied knowledge of the AWS API in a production environment
- Applied knowledge of operating systems including various flavors of Linux
- Experience using any of the various tools to manage cloud infrastructure, such as and Cloud Formation, Puppet, Chef, Puppet, Chef, Heira, Capistrano or others
- Experience using any of the various tools for monitoring and alerting, such as Pagerduty, Nagios, Ganglia, Graphana, Graphite or others
- Experience with deployment chain technologies, such as Jenkins, RPM Package Repos, Artifactory or others
- Knowledge of application design and how it interacts with the underlying infrastructure
- Experience with various programming languages Python, Perl, C++, Ruby
We offer engineers and designers a faster way to prototype and manufacture hardware.
We’re building the most sophisticated manufacturing system that enables faster, more efficient production of physical parts. Unlike traditional vendors, we don’t own machines. Instead, we find, vet, and integrate idle machines into our distributed network. As a result, we’re able to cut lead times by 50% versus traditional solutions, while helping vendors improve the utilization of their printers.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.