WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
Looker is hiring a knowledgeable, forward-thinking Product Marketing Manager to drive global messaging, content creation, and launch strategy for Looker products and features. You’ll help identify buying centers, understand real-world use-cases, and develop data-driven strategies to address our rapidly expanding customer base. You will serve as a technical subject matter expert and as a marketing voice both inside and outside Looker. In this role you will work closely with Sales and Product to message Looker’s unique approach to Business Intelligence in a compelling way that resonates with potential customers. You’ll bring a strong understanding of how analytics has evolved, how companies use BI today, and how a modern analytics stack can benefit their business.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Develop messages, go-to-market strategies, and materials that will resonate with target personas
- Become a subject matter expert in a defined area of the Looker product and serve as a guide for the company on its use and value to our customers
- Act as a voice for Looker and the value of the Looker platform -- in presentations, in customer meetings, and in written collateral
- Collaborate with PR, AR and field marketing on campaigns that will drive brand awareness and top-of-funnel demand
- Create compelling collateral: messaging documents, solution briefs, white papers, presentations, videos, and more
- Track competitors’ products and communicate Looker’s differentiators to enable all of Looker to build better products and compete successfully against other vendors
- Keep track of dozens of balls in the air and catch them all gracefully
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- Experience marketing BI, analytics, and/or databases. Product marketing experience and technical skills strongly preferred
- An understanding of the analytics space, either from working with data tools or from working at a BI vendor
- A professional presence and experience presenting technical ideas to audiences large or small
- Superb writing skills; the ability to distill complex ideas into simple, crisp words
- Excellent project and time management skills
- The ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
- A passion for working as a team, but a willingness to independently drive major projects from inception to successful completion
- A bias for action -- and tackling whatever needs to be done -- to produce great marketing materials that tell Looker’s story
- Ability to work in Santa Cruz three days a week
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a complete data platform that offers data analytics and business insights to every department, and easily integrates into applications to deliver data directly into the decision-making process. The company is powering data-driven cultures at more than 1200 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, First Round Capital, Sapphire Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, on Twitter, Facebook, G+ and YouTube.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage like-minded individuals to join us in changing the way businesses use data.