Looking for a job you’ll love? Get ready to fall head over heels.
Firespring, one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing companies, is looking for someone special to join our Omaha team. In corporate speak, we provide an unmatched range of integrated print, creative, website and IT solutions in addition to subscription-based software and turnkey marketing tools. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- Located in Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska, we bask in the Silicon Prairie.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type that will “bring it” every day.
- We work hard, we play harder.
- Once a year, we shave our heads together. (An optional activity, of course.)
Inc. Magazine named Firespring one of the “Top 50 Small Company Workplaces” in the nation. We like them too.
- We love to give back to the community. In fact, every full-time Firespringer receives a paid day off every month to volunteer for a nonprofit organization of their choice.
- With nearly 6,000 clients in all 50 states and 12 countries, I guess you can say we get around.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
As the production manager you will be Omaha’s production team leader, accountable for meeting production and quality goals, as well as playing a key role in helping the company reach overall profitability and customer satisfaction goals.
We’re looking for an individual that can do details, but never loses sight of the big picture. You’ve got experience leading a production team and you know printing like the back of your hand. Revising standard operational and working practices to ensure efficiency is a no brainer. Although you will be the leader of your team, when the bat signal is shown and help is needed on the floor you aren’t afraid to step in and get things done.
Sounds like you? Read on.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Communicating effectively with the leadership, sales and production teams, to guarantee that production, sales, and customer objectives are met.
- Coordinate and schedule employees in the production operation on a daily basis with the highest quality and best time efficiency as possible, revising priorities based on meeting our customer needs.
- Ensuring all work entered into production follows order entry standards.
- Assisting with estimating and communication with vendors.
- Organizing workflow according to workload to meet delivery schedule and to complete assigned jobs.
- Coordinating and scheduling for prepress/digital training relating to the digital standards and procedures.
- Ensuring inventories are conducted and accurate records are maintained.
- Scheduling, delegating, and ensuring performance of all equipment maintenance following maintenance procedures.
- Experience in print, mail, bindery, or fulfillment operations of various equipment.
- Knowledge of managerial and training roles for employees within the same industry.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary—You don’t need to go to the grocery store to bring home the bacon. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive pay.
Vacation—Paid holidays are a no brainer, but how does unlimited, paid vacation sound? Too good to be true? It’s not. Salaried employees of Firespring are encouraged to take what they need when it comes to vacation and sick time.
401(k)—Your dad preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard, a pool table, a foosball table, a ping pong table and more. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soda, tea, lemonade and beer. And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won't be considered. Seriously.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.
We'll be in touch.