Our vision at LoveCrafts is to create an entirely new platform for the global maker community - one craft at a time. We launched our first site, LoveKnitting.com four years ago - early success led to funding from one of Europe's leading venture investors - and we haven't looked back since. With a global customer base, physical hubs in London, Manchester, Kyiv, Ukraine and Missouri, USA; and 3 x growth year on year, we’ve grown from startup to sensation in a very short space of time.
As we set out to converge traditional crafts with the digital age we are looking for exceptional talent to help us disrupt and innovate in this highly dynamic sector. We're playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related.
Our team is smart, kind and slightly kooky with talent that is insatiably curious and supremely ambitious. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment that includes social and e-commerce stalwarts hailing from the likes of Amazon, eBay, and Pinterest.
We want to provide the best possible experience for makers around the world, and you would be the champion in charge of making that happen for our German, Austrian and Swiss (“DACH”) customers. As part of our Planning and Insights team, you would help us understand exactly what these customers need and tailor our onsite experience to make sure that we delight them every time they visit us. You will keep a close eye on sales and trading performance to make sure that we are getting it right. This is a very collaborative role, requiring lots of coordination across the Marketing and Retail teams. If you have a passion for strategy and detailed execution, know how to read a P&L to tell a compelling story and make an action plan, and love working with a lot of teams to get a job done, then we can’t wait to meet you!
- Monitor and analyse trading performance every day, and use that analysis to develop actual, real-world changes to address any issues.
- Work with the Retail team to craft promotions, finetune the strategy driving how we pick products and how we price them, and make sure that those strategies are put into action correctly.
- Plan the marketing calendar for the DACH (German, Austrian & Swiss) market, covering all promotional and seasonal activity.
- Constantly monitor and analyse the performance of our promotions so that we can continue to perfect our offering and make real-time changes to the calendar to meet targets.
- Work closely with our DACH suppliers to make sure that we have enough marketing support and to coordinate the promotional plans.
- Understand the DACH customer inside and out, using both quantitative and qualitative data:
- Quantitative: Google Analytics, RJMetrics and other analytics tools
- Qualitative: online surveys, online user testing, focus groups, phone interviews
- Develop extensive knowledge about the competitive landscape and regional trends.
- Use these insights to tailor the customer experience on our German website.
Onsite customer experience
- Monitor core transactional flows on the German website (homepage, landing pages, search, product page, checkout, payment and transactional emails)
- Work with the Product Development team to fix any site issues.
- Own all promotional onsite messaging (such as banners and onsite copy)
- Serve as the DACH consultant for all other areas of the business
Experience and skills
- Minimum 3+ years experience in a business that sells directly to customers, ideally in e-commerce
- A passion for high-level strategy and an obsession with detailed planning and execution
- An analytical mindset - experience with gaining customer insight (both qualitative and quantitative) and creating a real-world action plan based on it
- Interest in developing skills in marketing and retail metrics
- Great communicator and influencer – you are the regional customer champion across the whole business and will need to make yourself heard in many different contexts
- Proven ability to drive results and work towards targets
- Ability to give and receive feedback freely and effectively
- Deep familiarity with DACH online consumer preferences (ideally having resided in Germany, Austria or Switzerland for some period of time)
- Native German speaker
What We're Offering
- Competitive base salary and employee benefits package: options over shares, private medical insurance with BUPA, pension scheme, cycle to work and childcare vouchers
- Real responsibility and huge levels of autonomy to drive our insights agenda for Germany
- To join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey.
- Coaching and mentoring from some legendary e-commerce experts - there's an awful lot of talent and experience in our team.
- The opportunity to develop and grow the role as our wider team expands.
- To be part of a fun, fantastic organisation that is at the forefront of the global craft market using the latest technology to bring communities together!