Our vision at LoveCrafts is to create an entirely new platform for the global maker community - one craft at a time. We launched our first site, LoveKnitting.com four years ago - early success led to funding from one of Europe's leading venture investors, and we haven't looked back since.
As we set out to converge traditional crafts with the digital age we are looking for exceptional talent to help us disrupt and innovate in this large, fragmented and fast-growing sector. We're playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology in our quest to build a unique social network and e-commerce platform across multiple craft verticals.
Our team is smart, kind and slightly kooky with talent that is insatiably curious and supremely ambitious. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment that includes social and e-commerce stalwarts hailing from the likes of Yahoo!, Amazon, eBay, Pinterest and Rocket Internet.
We want to provide the best possible experience for makers around the world, and you would be the champion in charge of making that happen for our UK, Ireland and Rest of World customers. As part of our Planning & Insights Team, you would help us understand exactly what our UK, Ireland and ROW customers need and tailor our onsite experience to make sure that we delight them every time they visit us. You will keep a close eye on sales and trading performance to make sure that we are getting it right. This is a very collaborative role, requiring lots of coordination across the Marketing and Retail teams.
If you have a passion for strategy and detailed execution, know how to read a P&L to tell a compelling story and make an action plan, and love working with a lot of teams to get a job done… then we can’t wait to meet you!
- Monitor and analyse trading performance every day, and use that analysis to develop actual, real-world changes to address any issues.
Work with the Retail team to craft promotions, fine-tune the strategy driving how we pick products and how we price them, and make sure that those strategies are put into action correctly.
- Plan the marketing calendar for the UK, Ireland and ROW markets, covering all promotional and seasonal activity.
- Constantly monitor and analyse the performance of our promotions so that we can continue to perfect our offering and make real-time changes to the calendar to meet targets.
- Understand the customer inside and out, using both quantitative and qualitative data:
- Quantitative: Google Analytics, RJMetrics and other analytics tools
- Qualitative: online surveys, online user testing, focus groups, phone interviews
- Develop extensive knowledge about the competitive landscape and regional trends.
- Use these insights to tailor the customer experience on our UK and ROW website.
Onsite customer experience
- Monitor core transactional flows on the UK and ROW website (homepage, landing pages, search, product page, checkout, payment and transactional emails)
- Work with the Product Development team to fix any site issues.
- Own all promotional onsite messaging (such as banners and onsite copy)
- Serve as the UK, Ireland and ROW consultant for all other areas of the business
Experience and skills
- An analytical mindset - experience with gaining customer insight (both qualitative and quantitative) and creating a real-world action plan based on it
- Great communicator and influencer – you are the regional customer champion across the whole business and will need to make yourself heard in many different contexts
- Minimum 2+ years experience in a business that sells directly to customers, ideally in e-commerce
- A passion for high-level strategy and an obsession with detailed planning and execution
- Interest in developing skills in marketing and retail metrics
- Proven ability to drive results and work towards targets
- Ability to give and receive feedback freely and effectively
- Native English speaker
What We’re Offering
- A financial package including share options in the business
- Employee benefits including private medical insurance, pension scheme and cycle to work
- Central London location in a bright, spacious office between Tottenham Court Road and Holborn tube stations
- Smart and kind colleagues who help each other to get things done
- The opportunity for further development and wider responsibility within the business as we grow