Verisys is seeking a tech-savvy Senior Technical Writer to drive the RFP completion and utilize the process to create compelling RFPs, including some experience writing government RFPs. The candidate will also assist to document products and solutions we are delivering for our business customers. The Senior Technical Writer will play a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to follow. This position is responsible for creating accurate and complex technical documentation to support internal IT systems and processes as well as the company’s proprietary software in a user-friendly manner to internal and external stakeholders.
• Help redesign the RFQ response Process to incorporate best practices and address current deficiencies.
• Review, communicate and escalate RFQ/RFI response delays with key stakeholders in a timely manner.
• Schedule & facilitate meetings (Steering Committee, Customer, RFQ Teams involving Functional SME’s, etc as required to ensure that all aspects of the initiatives are dealt with professionally and efficiently.
• Drive RFQ response progress through approval gates to ensure all steps are followed & deadlines are achieved.
• Manage relationships across business segments and multiple functional areas.
• Ability to work independently and handle, track & prioritize multiple RFQ response assignments concurrently.
• Design, implement, and maintain project related business documents (project status sheets, project plans, timelines, etc.) and utilize those documents to inform IT Department Management of ongoing efforts/status.
• Conduct interviews with IT Department personnel and other business-side personnel as necessary to capture requisite process-orientated content and to identify additionally required documentation needs.
• Work with the IT Development team to research, develop, implement, and maintain required database models and documentation so as to achieve and maintain compliance.
• As necessary, technically edit new and existing documentation generated by both IT and businessside personnel so as to ensure compliance with existing technical documentation standards and guidelines.
• Work with developers and management to obtain more transparency through documentation of several processes and products.
• Collaborate with customers, management, client services, and marketing for the creation of external product documentation that end-users can easily understand.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Technical Writing, Computer Science/Engineering, or a related field.
• Practical experience utilizing technical writing industry standards.
• Superior skills in the technical language, writing and capability in authoring clear and concise process-orientated technical documentation. Candidate must be thorough and detail-oriented.
• Strong research skills including gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources (subject matter experts, project managers) to develop technical process documentation and supporting materials.
• Knowledge of SDLC and software development.
• Ability to quickly understand complex technical concepts and make them more easily understandable through different media.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Effective facilitation of brainstorming initiatives to harness creativity.
• Proven adaptability & flexibility in the face of change (positive & negative) and considerable complexity in the workplace.
• Conceptual understanding / vernacular of Ruby, Python and SQL
• Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Health care industry background
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Verisys.