Global Global Content & Digital Marketing Manager Job Description
Line managed by: Chief Marketing Officer
Direct report: Videographer
Line manager, global marketing team, executive team, local marketing leads, local community managers, MassChallenge partners, startups in MassChallenge globally, and community partners.
MassChallenge is the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet. No equity and not-for-profit, we are obsessed with helping entrepreneurs across all industries. We also reward the highest-impact startups through a competition to win a portion of several million dollars in equity-free cash awards globally. You can watch our mission video here. Through our global network of accelerators in Boston, the UK, Israel, Switzerland, and Mexico and unrivalled access to our corporate partners, we can have a massive impact --driving growth and creating value the world over. We also work closely to help public and private entities around the world create and strengthen innovation-driven economic development. Our startups have collectively raised $1.8B in funding, generated $700m in revenue, and created 60,000 jobs. A massive economic impact.
We set up in the UK last year (our first international location outside of our Boston HQ) and expanded into three new markets this year (Israel, Switzerland, and Mexico).
We expect to expand to at least seven additional cities by 2020.
Purpose of the Job:
The Global Content and Digital Marketing Manager’s main role is to drive the global content and digital marketing communications strategy and execution from end to end, including creation to implementation to tracking, and reporting. The work of this individual will be closely Integrated with the key objectives of the business and wider marketing landscape. The individual in this role will also support on local marketing initiatives as required.
Full time (40 hours per week), permanent, with a flexible approach
London or Boston
Job Description - Global Content and Digital Manager
We are seeking an experienced and entrepreneurially minded Digital Content Manager to help drive this exciting growth, specifically by joining the Global Marketing Team, reporting to the Global Chief Marketing Officer.
We are seeking a professional whose skillset is both broad and deep. Someone who loves data as much as they love writing compelling content for social media, the web, blogs, and promotional material. Technically you shouldn't be good at all these things at once, but you are. You are a digital, data, copywriting, and social media expert.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a high growth, rapidly changing organization. He or she will have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a love for digital and data. The candidate will thrive off a fast-paced work environment and will embrace difficult situations with confidence and a positive outlook. He or she will bring a bias toward action and a willingness to roll up his or her sleeves.
Our ideal candidate is “always-on” and always connected. The candidate will be passionate about entrepreneurship, plugged into global and ideally UK tech and business media, and be creative in the approach to spreading the MassChallenge message. He or she also has the capacity to communicate with all levels of an organisation, is a team player that works well cross functionally, and is strategic when thinking about targeting key audiences and individuals. In our world, new challenges arise every day - so this individual can roll with the punches, make decisions on the fly, and pitch in to help at any level.
Website: Actively manage the MassChallenge website (new site to launch in Nov/Dec 2016); proactive content creation; working with local teams to ensure fresh content and consistency; SEO; analytics and optimisation.
Content planning and execution: Develop a global content plan (for the Web, blogs, and social media), and execute this plan, creating a calendar of ongoing content (video, written, static/gifs), writing content, as well as sourcing content submissions from startups, mentors, partners, investors, and others in the community and inside MassChallenge. Developing content distribution plans and tracking effectiveness of content and optimising best performing content. Managing our global videographer and working together to ensure the on-time production and delivery of memorable video content to support our programmatic needs, as well as other needs of the business. Working with local marketing managers to ensure alignment of local content plans, and assisting on analysis and optimisation.
Digital campaign planning and execution: Planning and managing all digital campaigns across social channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin, among others. This will include mapping out flight plans and budgets, as well as placing the ad buys, managing and optimising the campaigns, and regular reporting. Working with local markets to plan and execute around the world.
Social media strategy and execution: Developing the global social media strategy and providing toolkits and guidance for local markets to execute locally and managing/executing any globally originated social media campaigns or strategy.
Newsletters: Overseeing global newsletter strategy, unifying as well as streamlining and optimising, reporting and analysis; working with local marketing teams to shore up their newsletter strategies. Responsible for creating and sending monthly alumni newsletter
Analytics and reporting: Responsible for monthly and more frequent reporting on key stats that will enable us to make smarter marketing decisions and optimise our activities - leveraging Hubspot and GA, among other tools.
Responsibilities, Skills, and Attributes
- You love startups!
- You’ve got a minimum of five years experience.
- You are a digital, data, copywriting, and social media expert.
- You are a fast, intuitive, and adaptable copywriter.
- You've successfully launched and managed websites - from content to optimisation to data analytics (experience with Drupal CMS a plus).
- You understand the basics of good content planning and can create, deliver, and execute on an effective content plan - for social, blogs, and website.
- You have experience in the whole content lifecycle: analyzing, planning, writing, editing, distributing, managing, and monitoring content for global use.
- You have been involved in video content production (not necessarily as the videographer or producer) but in developing and shaping briefs, working with the videographer, inputting and fine tuning, and ultimately creating highly watchable and bite-sized as well as longer form video content.
- You've successfully run digital campaigns on LinkedIn, FB, Twitter (Snapchat and Instagram a plus); including planning the campaign spend and ROI, setting up the campaigns/uploading the ads, and optimising them.
- You have demonstrable experience delivering regular reporting on digital channels, including analysis, and then delivering month on month improvement (knowledge of Hubspot is a major plus, Google Analytics is a must).
- You are an experienced project manager and a delivery machine, delivering campaigns on time and budget.
- Experience working cross-functionally and supporting across departments across different geographies
- Skilled in leveraging limited resources to create big successes
- Collaborative and communicative team player with the ability to influence down, up, and across
- A demonstrated track record of converting marketing activity into tangible, measurable impact that fit with broader goals.
Competencies and personal attributes:
- Must have excellent communications and collaboration skills with ability to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be highly driven and self-motivated for a fast paced evolving environment - self directed, accountable and proactive.
- Highly-driven to see projects through to completion, exceptional concentration and attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with an ability to work independently and project manage set tasks.
- Motivated to learn.
- Experience and familiarity with the entrepreneurial community strongly preferred.
- Skilled in leveraging limited resources to create big successes.
- Enjoy working in a fluid, dynamic and deadline-oriented organisation with a minimal amount of direction.
Benefits of working with MassChallenge:
MassChallenge provides significant professional development and growth opportunities and access to an incredible network of innovators and entrepreneurs. Specifically, employees:
- Gain direct access to the world's highest-impact startups across all industries.
- Gain direct access to the world's best and most supportive startup resources, including top investors, corporate executives, politicians, university personnel and more.
- Learn how to optimise the growth of startups across multiple industries.
- Learn how and when startups should seek key resources and support.
At MassChallenge we are committed to your success. We're not just a company - we're a family - and we will do everything possible to make sure that you're happy!
How to Apply
Draft a one page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself, why you want to work with startups, and why at MassChallenge in particular. Please be sure that the cover letter is no longer than 250 words.
Please provide links to your personal LinkedIn and Twitter accounts (if public) and examples of previous work (articles, blogs, and social media accounts managed by you).
Please provide writing samples - eg, bylined articles, blog posts, press releases, promotional material.