Partnerships Manager - MassChallenge UK
Can you be a great salesperson without sounding like a sales person?
We’re MassChallenge, the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet. We connect entrepreneurs with the resources they need to succeed immediately. Our not-for-profit status means we’re funded by our network of corporations, government organisations and foundations.
We’re looking for a Partnership Acquisitions Manager to play a significant role in the achievement of our funding target as we head into the second year of our start-up accelerator programme.
You’ll be one of MCUKs leading ambassadors in the innovation space, generating quality leads, gathering requirements and seeing proposals through to close giving our Partners access to our community and of course, our startups.
• Achieve agreed income generation targets from identified sponsors in line with MCUKs objectives.
• Generate quality leads, quickly identifying and validating potential MCUK Partners.
• Make a significant contribution to developing and maintaining the Partnerships Pipeline.
• Gather requirements and host discovery sessions with potential Partners to understand their needs and desired outcomes for partnering with MCUK.
• Build tailored partnership proposals, clearly articulating the sponsorship value that each Partner will derive from MCUK.
• Lead the on-boarding process for new Partners, facilitating their introduction to the wider MassChallenge team and planning value delivery in line with Partner’s business goals.
• Encourage Partners to play their part in expanding the MassChallenge network, making meaningful introductions at every possible opportunity.
• Build great relationships with our Partnerships teams in the US, Israel, Switzerland and Mexico, sharing both success and best practice.
• You buy into the MassChallenge mission — to help entrepreneurs and to help catalyse a global startup renaissance. This inspires you.
• You’re the proud owner of strong business acumen and a proven track record in income generation.
• Your communication skills set you apart from the crowd. You’re able to interact at varying levels within organisations and use your EQ tailor your approach to your audience.
• You bias toward action and are as results-driven as you are self-motivated.
• You’ll be a great listener, able to expertly interpret and build a narrative around potentialpartners needs and business goals.
• This means you’ll also need to be a skilled written communicator with a natural attention to detail and ability to see things through to close.
• We’re a small team so it’s imperative that you’re collaborative, wear your heart on your sleeve but aren’t afraid to roll those sleeves up and get stuck in.
• You’ll be managing a complex and diverse pipeline so you’ll need to be extremely organised and at ease with prioritising a large and complex to-do list.
Benefits of working with MassChallenge:
LINE MANAGED BY: Director of Partnerships
CONTRACT: Full time (40 hours per week), permanent, with a flexible approach
SALARY: £40-£45k + benefits + bonus
MassChallenge also provides significant professional development and growth opportunities and access to an incredible network of innovators and entrepreneurs. Specifically, employees:
• Gain direct access to the world's highest-impact startups across all industries.
• Gain direct access to the world's best and most supportive startup resources, including top investors, corporate executives, politicians, university personnel and more.
• Learn how to optimise the growth of startups across multiple industries.
• Learn how and when startups should seek key resources and support.
• The MassChallenge Vision
• We envisage a creative and inspired society in which everyone recognises that they can define their future, and is empowered to maximise their impact.
We help early-stage entrepreneurs win.
• We connect entrepreneurs with the resources they need to launch and succeed immediately.
• Promote innovation, collaboration and commercialisation
• Address the seed-stage investment gap, empowering novice entrepreneurs
• Provide educational opportunities for entrepreneurs
• Showcase entrepreneurship assets and infrastructure locally, nationally and internationally
• Key MassChallenge Activities
• Running an annual global accelerator program and startup competition, documenting and organizing key resources, and organizing training and networking events.
UK and role context
After 5 years of success in Boston, MassChallenge is expanding worldwide and the UK is a significant part of that expansion. In year 1 we supported 90 start ups, with ambitious plans for in 2016 and beyond. As a not for profit organization, we would not exist without our partners and this role directly serves that community to ensure that they grow with us in the start-up ecosystem.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at MassChallenge.