CIG has an exciting opportunity as a Senior Database Administrator which will allow you to demonstrate maintenance and performance of the Relational Database System and all of its components. Under the direction of the DBA Team Leader, the Sr DBA administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company database.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Coaches, and motivates the database administration team and shares new database features or technologies.
- Instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of database and database tools.
- Provide enterprise-wide, DBA support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database creation, and database production support.
- Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness
- Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
- Installation, configuration, customization, maintenance and performance tuning of databases.
- Database version migration, patching and security management.
- Create, document and enforce policies, procedures, and standards related to database administration and management.
- Monitor database server capacity/performance and make infrastructure and architecture recommendations to management for necessary changes/updates.
- Create and maintain data warehouse schemas and databases; ETL jobs and tools.
- Manage all aspects of database operations including implementation of database monitoring tools, event monitoring, diagnostic analysis, performance optimization routines and top-tier support for resolving support issues.
- Responsible for performance, capacity planning and HA solution.
- Facilitate database backup and recovery as well as documenting and testing all backup and recovery procedures.
- Manage the physical data environment of the organization. Analyze, design, build and maintain databases and the database environment.
- Design and implement disaster recovery procedures according to standards or implement and maintain Replication Services.
- Work closely with the application developers and Operations to ensure reliable database usage.
- Participate in design walkthroughs and joint application development sessions.
- Investigate application response time issues. Provide solutions for performance improvements. Validate and test stored procedures before implementation in the production environment.
- Establish and enforce database change management standards including pushes from development to QA, on to production, etc.
- Provide development and production support to troubleshoot day-to-day database or related application issues.
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, or equivalent discipline plus 6-8 years of experience, or a Master’s Degree in computer science.
- 3-5 years of experience performing database administration functions and supporting databases in a production environment.
- Must have Microsoft SQL Server DBA Certification or Oracle OCP.
- Experience in the financial services industry desirable and insurance industry preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Database normalization and performance tuning/monitoring.
- Demonstrated, in-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures.
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL or SQL/SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, and stored procedures
- Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated competency with techniques of data modeling resulting in an Entity Relationship Diagram deliverable.
- Proficiency in database table creation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge of Unix Shell script or Windows Shell or SSIS.
- Maintaining high-availability systems (7x24x365) in production environment.
- Experience with disaster recovery, replication and clustering solutions.
- Expert understanding of Database best practices and internal.
- Grasps concepts, quantifies and analyzes ideas into systems requirements.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and technologies.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIG’s main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA. Learn more about us by visiting www.ciginsurance.com.
Learn more about our benefits here.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.