ABOUT THE COMPANY
Avant is an online lending platform that is lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for consumers. Avant offers unsecured personal loans ranging from $1,000-$35,000 with funding as soon as the next business day. To date, more than 500,000 customers have been served worldwide through the Avant platform. Avant has been featured in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg and Crain's Chicago Business. Find out more at www.avant.com.
WHO WE ARE
We are not your average financial firm. With our Chicago, London, and California locations, we’re close to diverse restaurants, transportation, and residential living. We are a customer focused company that values innovation, development, and fun!
As the Credit Reporting Specialist, you will be responsible for reviewing customer accounts and determining the validity of a wide variety of consumer disputes. In this role you must maintain a high degree of knowledge of consumer lending rules and regulations and be particularly well versed with the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act). You will work with management to identify and resolve any issues found during QA processes or consumer disputes.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform targeted testing to ensure compliance with all internal and external rules and regulations
- Identify recurring issues discovered during testing and conduct root cause analysis
- Assist management in tracking, investigating, and responding to customer complaints
- Participate in regulatory examination and audits
- Take on additional projects and duties as needed
- Stay abreast of all federal and state regulatory changes related to consumer lending
- BA/BS from an accredited university
- Exceptional attention to detail, thoroughness, and organizational skills
- Self-confidence, critical thinking, good judgment, and the ability to make sound decisions
- Must be able to interact effectively with other departments and team members
- Ability to handle and execute on projects in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret data
- Strong experience with MS Office and Google applications
- Intermediate SQL skills required for some tasks; will provide training
Beyond working with some of the best and brightest in the Chicago tech space, you’ll enjoy these perks:
- Work directly with senior management
- Relaxed dress code
- Generous PTO package
- BlueCross/BlueShield Medical & Dental Insurance
- VSP Vision Insurance
- 401k with a 4% match
- Pre-tax commuter benefits/Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free gym membership
Avant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Avant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.