We’re looking for a General Manager to be the leader of the local market. Let’s just call you the CEO of DoorDash’s Toronto market.
The General Manager at DoorDash is one of the most impactful and challenging roles at the company. You are the CEO and leader of the local market. You’ll be responsible for building the local business, keeping a close eye on the financials and reporting back to HQ on your team’s performance and market learnings. This is an incredible opportunity that has considerable impact across all of our users (consumers, merchants and Dashers), as well as all internal teams.
What you’ll do
- Own the market’s P&L, strategy, and tactical execution across our three users
- Relentless generalist with strong analytical skills, but you also get your hands dirty and help solve immediate issues facing the team
- Obsessed with priorities, goals and execution, and can simultaneously articulate a strategy to win in the long term
- Identify product needs/process changes and communicate with Engineering and Product at HQ to execute solution
- Lead by example, take responsibility for your team, and recognize that no job is beneath you
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity
- A strategic thinker that is able to turn ideas into actions
- A natural leader - you pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team
- A calculated risk taker - ask for forgiveness instead of permission
- An entrepreneur - aspire to build a market from the ground up and shape the direction of the company
- An A+ communicator - you can convey big ideas in a clear and concise way
- 5+ years of operational/analytical experience at a consulting firm, tech company, or investment bank
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative field
- Proven track record of success in team environments
- People leadership experience either professionally, athletically, or academically
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery services in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat.