Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
Pivotal is a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired companies, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. At Pivotal Labs, our largest services group, we teach teams how to build modern applications and modernize legacy services.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You have a strong passion for Agile and Lean methodologies, supporting practitioners and delivering world-class product development.
Pivotal Labs is Pivotal's consulting team, and a recognized leader in modern software development practices. We work with many of the world’s most influential companies, helping them build great software and create a culture of innovation. Our approach is informed by over 20 years of experience and continuous improvement, and blends agile/Extreme Programming, lean startup and user-centered design.
As an Associate Director (AD), you will have five primary contributions to make to Pivotal Labs:
- You will act as Client Liaison on selected projects or clients. You will be responsible for building and managing teams that ship software that achieves customers’ business goals, is consistent with Pivotal quality and drives customer satisfaction
- Weekly collaboration with client to align on goals.
- Manage clients and Pivots on project teams. When done well, these teams can operate with a high degree of autonomy and self-organization.
- Contribute to selling activities on behalf of Pivotal Labs, and other products and services offered by Pivotal Software.
- Represent Pivotal by supporting sales activities, conducting tours and executive briefings, leading scoping sessions and helping with follow up
- Work closely with account teams to determine best use of services for key clients
- Collaborate with account teams and sales operations to create and negotiate proposals and SOWs
- Develop and maintain a healthy team by ensuring employees receive guidance and support.
- Coach direct reports based on 360 feedback and professional development plans
- Identify and support career development opportunities
- Promote Balanced Team at Pivotal: integrate and enrich development, product design, product management, and data science cultures internally
- Monitor and improve the recruitment, training, development, and retention of Pivots.
- Enhancing Labs’ practices and knowledge (methods, ways of working, offering development, training methods) by working with members of the Labs Practices Council to evolve our approach to product development.
We'll know an Associate Director is successful when:
- They have a productive and collaborative relationship with the rest of the office leadership.
- The Office Director has a clear understanding of status on office sales and staff.
- Projects are thoughtfully scoped and appropriately staffed.
- The office is meeting its utilization goals (we are busy!).
- They successfully balance short and long-term business needs as well as local, regional and global business needs.
- Pivots are exhibiting professional growth and a growth mentality.
- Our practices evolve to meet new challenges.
- Pivots feel excited about and proud of the work we do.
- 2+ years in a management/leadership role focused on one of our practices. (Product Design, Product Management or Software Development).
- 5+ years consulting experience, working with large enterprise organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps.
- Presales experience would be an asset.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.