Mamamia is looking for a talented Morning Editor to join the team.
The role is responsible for directing the daily mix on mamamia.com.au, working closely with the editor and afternoon editor. The successful applicant will ensure our content is brilliantly crafted, insightful and shareable. They will work with content producers to develop great original ideas (as well as having their own), and ensure the end product is clever, clear, on brand and appealing to our growing audience. Their editing skills will provide clean copy, great headlines and brilliant social media sells.
They’ll help determine the daily, weekly and monthly mix of the site, and work closely with the commercial teams to ensure the best ideas and content are available to clients. Above all, they will help make material on MWN sites the most talked about content by ensuring it’s fresh, beautifully written, relatable and right for the target audience.
About the role
- Monitoring TV, radio, print and online content as well as social media platforms to ensure you’re constantly on top of the news cycle and aware of ‘what everyone’s talking about’
- Chasing talent, conducting interviews and writing opinion pieces where required.
- Writing, monitoring, post loading, image-sourcing and editing work
- Maintaining and fostering relationships with outside media partners, and ensuring Mamamia content is consistent with their guidelines
- Develop story concepts alone and as part of a team. Repurpose existing content for a different audience
- Editing the work of in-house talent and external freelancers, ensuring the copy is outstanding and the SEO and image choice is spot-on
- Build relationships with the commercial team to drive greater ideation and support of branded content
- Prepare content for the evening editor and pass on relevant information
- Mentoring and helping to develop the writing work of juniors (including interns)
- At least 5 years experience as a journalist, blogger or writer, with a portfolio of demonstrably excellent work (digital experience preferred)
- Tertiary qualifications in Journalism/Media/Communications or a related field
- Experience managing and leading high performing teams
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to quickly and concisely write well researched, engaging stories
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills