Looking for a job you’ll love? Get ready to fall head over heels.
Firespring, one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing companies, is looking for someone special to join our Lincoln team. In corporate speak, we provide an unmatched range of integrated print, creative, website and IT solutions in addition to subscription-based software and turnkey marketing tools. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- Located in Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska, we bask in the Silicon Prairie.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type that will “bring it” every day.
- We work hard, we play harder.
- Once a year, we shave our heads together. (An optional activity, of course.)
Inc. Magazine named Firespring one of the “Top 50 Small Company Workplaces” in the nation. We like them too.
- We love to give back to the community. In fact, every full-time Firespringer receives a paid day off every month to volunteer for a nonprofit organization of their choice.
- With nearly 6,000 clients in 50 states and 12 countries, I guess you can say we get around.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
Ready for some new friends? Splendid! What are we looking for in an Web Designer? We could start with the laundry list of desired traits—eye for detail, creative vision and so on—but that much should be obvious to a talented designer like you. So let’s cut to the chase.
Our ideal candidate will be proficient in designing web layouts, being comfortable with conceptualizing an idea and following it through to the finished product. Web-based knowledge is the heart of this position, knowing the ins and outs of online ads, email blasts, web pages and more.
In short, prove you’re a design renaissance man (or woman), and we’ll reward you with a nice little package of salary, benefits and award-winning perks.
You like? Read on.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop innovative concepts and solutions that are on strategy.
- Establish a track record of producing work that is well received by our clients.
- Collaborate with writers and team members to brainstorm solutions for our clients.
- Present work both internally and to our clients in a clear, confident and strategic way.
- Contribute to the strategic thinking that drives the creative work.
- Manage design details, project deadlines, and follow jobs through to completion to ensure that the creative vision for the work is realized.
- Record time spent on projects accurately.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) to produce layouts.
- 2 to 4 year degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of HTML & CSS experience.
- Experience working with responsive design.
- UI/UX experience is a plus.
- Drawing or illustration ability is beneficial.
- 5 or more years of professional design experience preferred.
- Understanding of MS Office is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary—You don’t need to go to the grocery store to bring home the bacon. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive pay.
Vacation—Paid holidays are a no brainer, but how does unlimited, paid vacation sound? Too good to be true? It’s not. Salaried employees of Firespring are encouraged to take what they need when it comes to vacation and sick time.
401(k)—Your dad preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard, a pool table, a foosball table, a ping pong table and more. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soda, tea, lemonade and beer. And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won't be considered. Seriously.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.
We'll be in touch.