Sales Performance Consultant – LMS Onboarding & Elevate
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
Imagine providing the knowledge, coaching, tools and inspiration to forever change the career trajectory of hundreds of sales professionals at LinkedIn and elevate the sales profession. Do you have passion for ensuring that people have the right skills to excel in their job and the support they need to reach their career potential?
We are seeking a smart, enthusiastic, and successful sales learning & development professional that has passion for helping others succeed and the desire to develop their own skills to create high-impact sales readiness solutions for our LinkedIn Marketing Solutions (LMS) Global Sales Organization (GSO).
This person will have three core responsibilities:
- To evaluate the existing onboarding program for LMS and take it to the next level, speeding up new hire ramp process, while ensuring our new reps sell with our culture & values in mind.
- To create a learning curriculum for all reps that are “new-to-role” whether it be an internal promotion to a different role or when organizational changes create new responsibilities for roles.
- To serve as dedicated Sales Effectiveness resource to our newest line of business, Elevate.
The ideal candidate is energized not only by being a catalyst for learning, but by the real learning that happens on- the-job and how we strategically optimize around that moment to ensure success quickly. They embrace change and are comfortable navigating through ambiguity and chaos, prefer autonomy in determining how to execute on key objectives and the internal drive to succeed amidst daily challenges.
Their success will be measured by their ability to effectively increase the quality and quantity of deals from our new hires and those new-to-role, enhance the skillset of new sales reps to drive sales performance, decrease time to ramp, and scale an onboarding program that can be implemented in all Regions. With regards to Elevate, success will be measured by Elevate’s successful integration into the LMS business and increase in rep quota attainment.
Talent and learning analytics are a big part of this job, so you will be responsible for partnering with the sales leaders, sales operations well as HR business partners to define strategy, drive execution, and communicate the business impact.
Key Performance Objectives
- Drive the Sales Effectiveness strategy for onboarding across all segments in LMS (Account Executive, Account Manager, Sales Manager, and Ad Operations)
- Identify onboarding requirements at 30, 60, 90, 180 & 365 days of a new hire’s and new-to-role’s journey, across all segments and regions
- Determine right medium to deliver a world-class experience, at the right time (e.g., in-person workshops; virtual learning; videos; on-the-job support; management support; coaching tools)
- Partner and build meaningful relationships within and across LMS (all segments) to design and implement world-class onboarding program
- Partner with internal subject matter experts (Insights, Sales Systems, Sales Operations, Product Marketing, Marketing, Sales Management & Reps) to execute against onboarding strategy
- Identify leverage opportunities and maximize impact across lines of business (LTS/LSS), striving to impact sales reps in other lines of business
- Establish & create assessment and evaluation strategies to measure the efficacy and ROI of the onboarding program; partnering closely with Sales Operations & Insights
- Diagnostic on current Elevate business and rep competency
- Create learning curriculum for Elevate reps
- Build cross-pollination learning opportunities between LMS and Elevate reps
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of learning & development work in sales post college
- 2+ of relevant experience driving sales effectiveness programs and developing sales either in a sales training role or sales leadership role.
- 3-5+ years sales experience
- MBA/MS/MA (emphasis on Instructional Design or Behavioral Science a plus)
- Digital Marketing Experience
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems
- Passion for developing others
- Highly proficient at building strong, lasting relationships with senior level sales managers
- Excels in execution, establishing priorities and meeting swift deadlines in a fast pace, in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven success at managing cross functional teams and partnering
- Exceptional presentation, written, and oral communication skills, including the ability to adapt content on the fly based on audience engagement
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented, and self-directed
- Expert in MS Office applications - primarily Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project
- Experience leveraging standard eLearning tools (Articulate, Captivate, Brainshark, etc.) and web-based meeting tools (WebEx, LiveMeeting, Go-to-Meeting, etc.) to create instructionally sound learning programs is desired
The Sales Performance Consultant will report to the Global Head of Sales Effectiveness – (LMS)
Ability to travel ~25%
Open to- San Francisco, Chicago, New York