Director of Ad Operations
New York Public Radio is driving the evolution of digital audio advertising. Our heritage is steeped in terrestrial broadcast, but our present and future growth is in digital audio. We are helping to build the podcast advertising industry on the back of the best content in the world and we’re looking for a pioneer to join our team.
Reporting to the VP of Sponsorship, the Director of Ad Operations will lead our multiplatform ad operations group and oversee a team of digital and broadcast traffic managers and copywriters.
The right candidate will have several years of experience working in hands-on ad operations roles, a good understanding of the radio and digital landscape and most importantly an appetite to continually improve team workflow and process to ensure we continue to deliver best-in-class ad operations.
You will have expert knowledge of ad serving systems and a passion for new and emerging technologies. You will have a collaborative and “can do” attitude to help interface with our Digital and Editorial teams and deliver exceptional media solutions.
- Build a new unified ad operations team from two separate traffic teams (broadcast and digital) with multi-platform processes and efficiencies
- Support the recruitment of a new digital traffic manager including their successful induction into the team, the continual assessment of their needs and the delivery of training to ensure their continued development
- Help manage and motivate the team on a day-to-day basis; ensuring appropriate resource allocation across clients, efficient workflow and flawless output
- Reporting and analysis across platforms to inform wider sales/operations strategy
- When necessary, roll up your sleeves and help the team set-up and execute flawless media campaigns
- Look to continually identify and implement opportunities for improvement within team processes, supporting systems and communication channels
- Act as an ambassador of ad operations across the organization
- Work with senior members of other teams to raise visibility, train new starters on process, continually educate teams on recent developments and build advocacy across the organization
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong project management skills exhibiting ability to pay attention to detail, manage multiple projects at once, break down a process into smaller steps, forecast deliverable timelines and meet those timelines, and identify potential obstacles down the road
- Motivated by the opportunity to be part of creating new solutions for an emerging ad marketplace
- Knowledge of broadcast traffic processes preferred
- Mastery of DFP and Google Analytics required. Experience with Adswizz, LiveIntent, FLITE, Quantcast, Polar, and MOAT preferred
- Familiarity with digital audio, including live streaming and on-demand audio
- Familiarity with front-end order management systems (Wide Orbit, Marketron, etc.) a plus
- Affinity for public radio, a plus
- Affinity for podcasts, a plus
Please submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume. New York Public Radio must receive all information requested in order to consider your candidacy. New York Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites and encourages qualified applicants from all walks of life.
- 3+ years managing a team
- BA/BS required
- IAB Ad Operations Certification preferred