TripAdvisor is the largest travel site in the world. We get millions of unique visitors on a monthly basis. To make that possible and to provide the best possible experience to our users, we rely on great employees. For us, people who own their work, from start to finish, are integral. Our Data Scientists are massively important in the defining and refining our strategies.
We are seeking an exceptional, data-driven individual to join our search engine marketing (SEM) analytics team, responsible for driving millions of users to our global sites each month. Using data science techniques that include predictive modeling and machine learning, this role will be focused on optimizing our SEM campaigns in such areas as auction bid optimization, user-based targeting, remarketing, and landing page optimization.
- Perform analysis and develop analytical models to maximize SEM revenue growth.
- Conduct rigorous testing of new algorithms.
- Prototype new bidding methods, write specifications, and collaborate with engineering to test and migrate new approaches into production code.
- Automate ETL and analytics processes.
- Provide advanced analytical support to the Global TripAdvisor organization.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statists, or a related field.
- A results-oriented person who thrives on data and measurement.
- Ability to extract actionable recommendations from imperfect data of formidable size.
- Proficiency with a statistical programming environment (e.g. R, Python).
- Proficiency in data manipulation, cleansing and interpretation.
- Close familiarity with SQL and Big Data technologies (e.g. Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills with a pragmatic approach to addressing challenges.
- Ability to work well with many types of people across multiple global offices.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking in a very fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with online auctions, A/B testing, digital advertising, or marketing analytics is a plus.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer