This position offers the opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic environment, collaborate with multiple departments internationally, and combine technical knowledge developed on the job with creativity to produce professional materials for internal and external customers.
The Senior Technical Proposal Writer (Bid Manager) is responsible for coordinating and managing proposal development processes in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs). The Senior Technical Proposal Writer will evaluate RFPs, formulate clear and compelling responses, acquire content from SMEs and team members as needed, translate content and client needs into effective messaging, and comply with all solicitation requirements.
- Lead international RFP response and Statement of Work (SOW) creation efforts; serve as primary point of contact for all EMEA and APAC Sales and Sales Engineering requests
- Work closely with subject matter experts in other departments (e.g., Product Management, Legal, Global Services) to complete all required proposal sections; edit to ensure grammatical and technical accuracy, as well as to ensure consistency of messaging, tone, voice, and brand throughout the proposal
- Write corporate background statements, personnel and management sections, and other content to strategically position Rapid7 products and services throughout the sales lifecycle
- Facilitate evolution of proposal strategy, such as competitive analysis, developing win themes, and determining technical approaches
- Develop and maintain a broad understanding of Rapid7’s products and services
- Contribute to the ongoing review and update of content for the proposal content repository; develop new content for reuse in future proposals
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience responding to RFPs/RFIs/RFQs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Ability to work well independently and collaborate with distributed, cross-functional teams
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability work well under pressure and manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines
- Technology industry experience, ideally a mixture of product and services
Rapid7 is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organizations to implement an active, analytics-driven approach to cyber security. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users. Our solutions empower organizations to prevent attacks by providing visibility into vulnerabilities and to rapidly detect compromises, respond to breaches, and correct the underlying causes of attacks. Rapid7 is trusted by more than 5,600 organizations across 100 countries, including 37% of the Fortune 1000. To learn more about Rapid7 or get involved in our threat research, visit www.rapid7.com.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Rapid7.