The way businesses talk to people online today is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
is the first to bring sales, marketing & customer service products to one messaging platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations with the people that matter. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom is the only business messenger to let you talk to consumers just about anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email.
Intercom invented in-app messaging in 2011, and today more than 13,000 businesses use Intercom to reach a billion people around the world. Intercom has 300 employees split between its San Francisco headquarters and its Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
This position offers a candidate with prior sales operations, consulting, or investment banking experience an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Intercom's overall business, interact with Intercom's senior sales leadership, and take on an operating role with an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers.
As the Sales Operations Analyst you will partner in creating and executing quarterly and annual revenue plans, help improve & support sales processes as well as report on and analyze revenue and marketing trends.
What will I be doing?
- Partner closely with senior leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects that accelerate sales growth and improve sales processes and operations as well as marketing effectiveness on a global scale
- Advise on new business growth strategy, churn strategy, existing customer base expansion, sales incentive design and segmentation; approach problems analytically to come to data driven resolutions.
- Gather requirements and project manage changes to our sales technology that result in improvements in sales rep productivity
- Support weekly and monthly reporting and forecasting for the sales organization, identifying significant changes and trends that will materially impact the company’s growth trajectory
- Establish strong working relationships with sales leadership, customer success and sales engineering to improve overall operations and how the company goes to market
What skills do I need?
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently or with little guidance
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Comfort, and preferably experience, with working with many sales related tools including SFD
- 2+ years experience in Sales Operations and/or an analytics role (Management Consulting or investment banking, highly desirable)
- Bachelors degree
Bonus skills & attributes
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Experience with Salesforce.com and SQL is a plus
- Strong experience with Excel
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!