Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
The Sr. Manager, Sales Operations manages support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent. Sales Operations is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. Reporting to the Executive Vice President Client Success, he/she works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders.
- Leads market-sizing and territory research to allocate quota for all sales territories, channels, and resources.
- Works to ensure sales organization goals and objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement, sales playbooks, and sales training. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Responsible for managing deal flow through Optoro’s pipeline, which includes administration of weekly pipeline management calls, administration of Deal Review meetings, and coordinating deal approvals with the senior leadership team.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommend revisions to existing reports and develops new reporting tools as needed.
- Responsible for acquiring, implementing, and maintaining all enablement technology for the field sales team, including CRM. This includes responsibility for Salesforce.com set-up, management, and budget.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a Client Success team “learning agenda,” which requires working across the organization to coordinate content and delivery of quarterly team meetings, develop and deliver training, and perform other functions.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Collaborates with Sales Leadership, Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to provide input and assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Achieve sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the sales organization.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas, performance objectives, and commissions.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- 10-12 years sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution
- Experience working with MS Office, Google Enterprise, Tableau, and other tools
- Experience implementing and maintaining Salesforce.com for business-to-business enterprise sales organizations
- Experience with other sales enablement and CRM technologies such as Hubspot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc.