A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Events Specialists bring internal and external events to life, creating fun and welcoming environments for Palantir's employees and external communities to connect. The Events team has a broad mandate that spans from helping our Recruiting team attract new talent to putting on external conferences that boost our brand to designing internal events that foster connection within Palantir. As individuals, we execute; as a team, we ideate and position our events to help represent and enrich Palantir. We want unconventional thinkers who value getting things done. If this is you, welcome.
As an Events Specialist in Palantir's Washington DC office, you'll work autonomously, but you'll also collaborate with business stakeholders and operational teams to design and execute great events. Success in this position relies on your ability to own and manage multiple large projects, often simultaneously, with many moving parts and in multiple geographic locations. You must adapt easily to change, take initiative in solving problems, and demonstrate impeccable organizational skills to ensure flawless execution.
In this role, you will:
- Schedule, execute, and coordinate all logistics for internal and industry-related events such as company info sessions, team events, off-sites, social events, holiday parties, tech talks, and conferences, operating both independently and as a part of a team
- Execute consistently under extremely tight deadlines, anticipating problems, creating contingency plans, and troubleshooting level-one technical problems
- Manage vendors and forecast and adhere to event budgets
- Collect data and complete reporting following team guidelines
What We Value:
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both in person and by phone.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to be on track for simultaneous events of varying scales and different timelines (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly, and annual projects).
- Ability to operate autonomously and proactively, and thrive in ambiguity.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new or unfamiliar challenges and projects, and quickly grasp new systems and tools that are used by the team (e.g. SplashThat/Box/Quip/Slack/Excel/ticketing systems, etc.)
- Experience with audio, sound, and technical AV.
- Experience and willingness to do manual work for setup and tear down of events.
- Able to work events from start to finish throughout the year, which will include nights and weekends required.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of time required.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant industry experience
- 3+ years events execution/support experience; conference planning, design and marketing experience a plus
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at (650) 473-9158.