Sentieo (www.sentieo.com) is an equity research platform of the 21st century - Built by former hedge fund analysts. Our platform overlays cutting edge search, collaboration and visualization tools on financial data sets allowing our clients to supercharge their research process. Think of us as a financial operating system for investors. We are a well funded, fast growing financial data startup which is quickly carving out its own niche in a $100Bn+ global market. Today, numbers of portfolio managers are actively relying on Sentieo to make the decisions.
If you live for the challenge of building simple and beautiful interfaces to very complex interactions and datasets, you- re the person we- re looking for.
As a designer at Sentieo, you will be in charge of making our interfaces and interactions seamless and intuitive. Everything that a user touches - from user interaction to mobile application design - will be your frontier. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with a team of outstanding designers from around the world to turn big data into sensible and useful information. If you- re looking to solve complex problems with bleeding edge technology, this is your opportunity.
-Play a critical role in envisioning, defining and shaping the product that clients interact with.
-Craft a user experience that empowers financial professionals to access, explore, and understand complex data interactions.
-Establish standards and conventions that help us do the task more efficiently.
-Overall responsibility for understanding a customer's brief and converting that into appealing, highly usable interfaces.
-Engages with the business development team and/or customer early on to seek a deeper appreciation of the customers- business problem/goals.
-Develops understanding of the end users of the website/application through secondary and primary research (user interviews, traffic data).
-Capable of generating user personas and user scenarios.
-Capable of working directly with customers in an iterative/agile manner to dramatically improve the prototypes in a short time
-Able to explain his/her design philosophy verbally and in writing.
- 2+ years of experience in designing interfaces, interactions and experiences for web and mobile applications.
- Excellent skills in using common design tools like Adobe Photoshop / Sketch and corresponding prototyping techniques.
- Strong portfolio with demonstrated use-cases of user interface and interaction design.
- Strong understanding of information architecture and interaction design.
- Experience with data visualization and data representation.
- Having a good knowledge in any of the java script frameworks. (Angular/Dojo, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of HTML and CSS (and CSS preprocessors).
- Active and motivated team player who loves to take on new challenges.
- Strong understanding of mobile platforms, particularly iOS, Android and Windows Phone7.
Working at Sentieo means you will constantly be striving for excellence. You will get to work with the latest technology in order to handle massive amounts of data and tackle hairy problems. You will be surrounded by the best and brightest minds from over the world. Most importantly, you will be part of an organization where everyone is family.
What you get?
-Competitive base salary, full benefits, annual and spot bonuses.
-Fantastically rewarding work environment.
-Flexible work timings.
So if you want to work among clever individuals, working with smart technologies, building tools for the Y generation, we are waiting to hear from you.