Who We Are?
Launched in 2013, OYO is India’s largest branded network of hotels. Its network currently spans over 200 Indian cities including all major metros, regional commercial hubs, leisure destinations, and key pilgrimage towns. The company’s vision is to become the most preferred and trusted hotel brand in the world.
OYO was founded by Ritesh Agarwal, the first resident Asian to be accepted to the Thiel Fellowship (started by Paypal founder Peter Thiel). He recently featured in the Forbes 30 under 30 lists in the global, Indian and Asian edition under the Consumer Tech category. OYO is backed by the world’s leading investors including the Softbank Group, Lightspeed Venture Partners India, Sequoia Capital and Greenoaks Capital. In August 2015, it was identified as among the “50 next start-up unicorns” by New York Times. It has also received acclaim and accolades such as Startup of the Year Express IT Award, Quest Experience Award for Best Use of Social Media for CX Improvement, NDTV Dream Chaser of the Year, Lufthansa ET Now Runway to Success Award, TIE Lumis Business Excellence Award and India International Travel Mart Award. Ritesh received the Business World Young Entrepreneur Award in 2015. He recently featured in the Forbes 30 under 30 lists (Global, India, Asia) under the Consumer Tech category.
This is for you, if:
You are a seasoned people manager who has built and led engineering teams and consistently delivered high-quality software solutions. You thrive on tackling very hard problems. You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, and equally adept at communicating upwards and downwards. You are curious, love to dive deep and collect data to make well-informed decisions. You keep abreast of the latest technology developments and drive your teams to innovate.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of technical solutions and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact.
- Work closely with Engineering Managers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Work with the Chief Technology Officer and with other functional leaders in the company. Instill best practices for software development, ensure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management - prioritization, planning of projects and features; stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments.
- Be a champion of engineering excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence. Implement a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing frontline managers and engineers.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
- Being a strong leader, mentor, and people manager
- Experience in building and running distributed systems for 24x7 online services at scale
- 12+ years of work experience in software development and 5+ years as a leadership role.
- Track record of data-driven decisions
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Experience in defining and executing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Strengths in problem-solving, issue resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing peers and executives.
- Experience in machine learning design practices and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business, legal, engineering, design, and other stakeholders to deliver products/services
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
Are you ready to live your dream and apply for this role? Please visit our career page; https://www.oyorooms.com/team#careers